Burn Quality in DL DVD (RICOHJPN D01-67) in ImgBurn and Nero

manicx

Hi there

I burned a couple of DL disks this weekend. I decided to check the result using Nero CD Speed. The results were not that good. In one case, CD Speed reported a quality of 40! So, I decided to redo on burn with ImgBurn and one with Nero 8. So the results are the following:

Burn with ImgBurn

post-13808-1223830750_thumb.png

Burn with Nero

post-13808-1223830887_thumb.png

Most of the disks I checked display similar results. Quality from Nero disks in CD Speed are above 90 and with ImgBurn under 75 (the above is actually the best I had)...

I am wondering if the burning software plays a role in the burn quality and if there is anything I can do to have better results. Setting in ImgBurn were set to default.

Upgrade to the latest firmware available for your burner 1.07 and use Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) Made in Singapore blanks for best results.

Look at the pinned threads in this support forum and you'll see that the program has no control over the burn quality: that's down to the burner/firmware/media combination :)

Both of those discs are so far out of ECMA specs, they are no more use than a piece of old toilet paper. Do a mmalves says and discard the cheap Ricoh media you are using.

Regards

So, I must be happy with the above results... :P Thanks for your feedback guys.. Already ordered some verbatims.... Not sure about the media code since I can't find anywhere that they mention it, but it says "VERBATIM DVD+R DUAL LAYER 2,4X 8.5GB MATT SILVER CAKEBOX 10"... I will try them and see.

A bit off topic but I tried firmware 1.07 and it was not giving me as good results on TY03 disks (Ceramic +R) as 1.06 did. I noticed that even Liggy and Dee are modifying 1.06 so I stayed on that... ;)

Edited by manicx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.