Where else does ImgBurn look for a suggested volume label?

Falcon

Well, this definitely isn't a support question, as I'm not having any problems with it, but I'm just dying to know how the heck ImgBurn knew what to label one of my burns.

Basically, and to not imply that I'm doing anything less than legal with ImgBurn :thumbup: , I'm using ImgBurn's "build" mode to burn discs from folders with DVD-Video data. The names of the folders are, of course, what I want to name the disc, and ImgBurn always does what it should. But there was one label that ImgBurn spat out that I wasn't expecting.

You know, usually the volume labels are ALLCAPS and often stripped down versions of the movie title. Well, somehow, ImgBurn pulled out the full (long) name from one of the folders I was burning... it wasn't in the folder name, and there were no extra files in the structure that would have the name (that I'm aware of)... it just came up with the full name of the movie and threw it in the suggestion box for the volume label.

I'm just dying to know where it came up with that name, for sheer curiosity! ;) Is there another place ImgBurn looks for a suggestion of a name?

Added: Support for reading the disc name from the 'VPLST000.XPL' file on HD DVD Video builds - used in the same way the DVD Text name is from a DVD Video disc - as a basis for the auto generated Volume Label.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.