Imgburn Locking up

Revo

Yeah but don't keep using the DVD+R DL's!

I know I hate anything other than Verbatims but that doesn't mean I want you to keep wasting them ;)

DAMN I was so close. It was rolling along just fine. Got up to 60% complete. I was staring at it as it just went from 1400kb to 900,650,415,200,15,0 DONE! I will rephrase it is not freezing it just stops writing.

One weird coincedence, I turned off my large format printer just then it stared the countdown. I doubt there is any relation to that but thought I would mention it as it was weird. Almost like I turned off the write session, the timing was perfect.

I was certain it was going to work.... Well I am on # 8 DL disc...

What else is there. I have done everything you said from the last post, with the chipset and the DMA.

Once it does work, I will have 1 more question. What about .iso files without .dvd??? Will this work the same.

THanks again Lightning.

Oh here is the log, no errors just stopped! This is the first time I have seen layer 1 though, getting closer.

I 20:07:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 20:07:32 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:07:32 Total Physical Memory: 1,570,892 KB - Available: 937,256 KB

I 20:07:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:07:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:07:41 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I 20:08:37 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Well I guess this has been your problem all along: low quality media. What's interesting is that the drive doesn't report any errors at all: it just stops working, which is odd.

Anyway, please try with Verbatim blanks and tell us if it did the trick :)

I 20:08:37 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Well I guess this has been your problem all along: low quality media. What's interesting is that the drive doesn't report any errors at all: it just stops working, which is odd.

Anyway, please try with Verbatim blanks and tell us if it did the trick :)

Really, thats it. I will get the verbatrims tomorrow. I know they are not favored but my buddy uses the same discs, same software, no issues ever. I figured I would run through the rest of the pack of these even though I have not got one good one yet before I shell out more cash. I did not buy these for any reason other then they were the only ones available at the store I went to.

Is this honestly the issue? I will get verbatrims tomorrow for sure.

This is why I said to try with a different type of disc - so you can rule out the crappy DVD+R DL being an issue.

OK, I went out and bought verbatrims.

Of course my luck. Same thing happened again. The only differenece is it happened almost immediately. I didnt even get to 1% complete.

This really is getting frustrating. Any other advice here lightning???

thanks

Sounds like you have issues with you system that interrupting your burns or controller issues where not using DMA. What the Filter Driver Load Order show in imgburn you can copy paste it here. Are you running the minimum programs in the background while your burning esp no antivirus/spyware programs? Also dont use the system while burning at least until you find the problem.

Besides trying the drive in another pc/reinstalling Windows from scratch, nope.

Heres the other thing. I cannot cancel. No matter what if I cancel it says be patien and never closes. I cannot even ctrl+alt+delete close it. I also cannot get the disc out. I have to manually shut down and on the restart I have to hit eject manually real quick???

I guess you missed my post about having issues with your system. If you to me try a troubleshoot your system let me know. also you could post you filter driver load info

No I saw it. I just don't know the fix. I would definetely want you to troubleshoot?? What do you need?

Let me know

thanks

I like to see what the filter driver load order looks like for starters. Its under the Tools menu. You can use the copy button then paste results here.

Here you go. Does it need to be when I am trying to write or is this OK???

Thanks

screen-1.jpg

Edited by Revo

Yes you should delete those filters Lightning UK recommended and I would do a reinstall of imgburn program and when it asks you if you want to keep your program settings say no then you can start from a clean slate program wise. I would also get a rewritable DVD so you can use it for testing until you get all the bugs out unless you prefer to keep making coasters for your friends :)

See the button in your picture[bottom right] post which says [Copy To Clipboard], press it then paste into a reply on the forum.

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20

Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook

File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys

File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)

File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver

Product Name: Microsoft

Deleted those filters and the same ol thing!!!

It seems with the memorex dl's I get upwards of 40% complete but with the verbatrims I dont even get to 1%.

What next, please dont say try it on a different computer. We are all so invested now.HA!

Thanks everyone keep the suggestions coming. I still NEED HELP!

imgburn is just one program on your system. i suspect you have other problems that keeping a successful burn. Whats your hardware setup how many hard drive, optical drives do you have? Are you using any other add on controllers? can you burn non DL media?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.