64 bits and some other features

Ash69

Hello,

I like ImgBurn a lot, however I wish it could replace Nero and other softs, and some features are missing.

First, I really appreciate I can create create cds and dvds now from files or directories. But it's not very easy to use, the windows are small and I have difficulties to do multiple selections. A two parts window where you can drag and drop things is much easier to use.

I wish I could create audio cds with wav files (though it's not the feature I need the most for now).

I hesitate asking you adding lot of features in ImgBurn, because we want it to be what it is, I mean a CD/DVD writing software, and not some heavy software like others...

By the way, it could be great to make a 64 bits version of ImgBurn. Ok the current one works great with my Vista 64 but I'm sure it could make a difference and a lot of people would use ImgBurn instead of their previous software because of that. I know it's silly but 64 bits apps are the future...

Well I've nothing to say more, because most of the features I wanted have been implemented in the latest release... :)

Thank you !

yes, sure, you're right... but there is something... I'm might be not very clever or something but I'm not sure of what will be really written on the cd or the dvd, you see what I mean. I wish it could be easier to use :).

P.S. : nice pic !

For Audio, read the Guides.

I can't do 64 bit because my development environment doesn't allow for it.

Clearly it's not going to make a difference anyway, ImgBurn just isn't the type of application to benefit from it.

Thank you, you're right I didn't read the Guides... I'll do that !

Concerning 64 bits, well it's your choice. I don't really know what it involves. It might be more complicated that I could think.

Ash.

Concerning 64 bits, well it's your choice. I don't really know what it involves. It might be more complicated that I could think.

Complicated or not, it's completely unnecessary and the software would not benefit whatsoever from an x64 version. The max I've ever seen my imgburn use was 550K.

• 4 months later...
For Audio, read the Guides.

I can't do 64 bit because my development environment doesn't allow for it.

Clearly it's not going to make a difference anyway, ImgBurn just isn't the type of application to benefit from it.

I can understand that it if your development environment doesn't allow for it, that you can't do a 64-bit version.

As someone who is keenly awaiting Windows 7 (I actually bought a new powerful 64-bit capable PC!) and am now using Vista 64-bit, I thought that it would be preferable for all my programs to be 64-bit? Maybe it doesn't make a difference but I've been in this PC game a long time and have seen all sorts of issues over the years with "compatibility modes" on NT, OS/2, etc.

• 1 month later...

Here's hoping there will be a 64 bit version in the future. I've recently built a 64 bit system on a tight budget, and I am trying to find as many 64 bit apps as I can. I already found 7zip and Minefield (fork of firefox for 64 bit).

It's an average system, here are the specs:

Silverstone Sugo SF2 case

Asus P5Q-EM motherboard (G45 chipset, ICH10R southbridge)

Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz (E6600) processor

4x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 667,800,1066 memory

Nvidia 8800 GTX graphics card

Corsair HX520w modular power supply

Seagate 320GB 7200rpm SATA2 drive

LG GSA H55L dvd burner

Black 3 1/2 Floppy drive

Viewsonic 22" widescreen LCD monitor supporting 1080p

Windows XP 64 bit Edition SP2

Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit dual boot

I use WINE on Ubuntu to run Imgburn. I don't trust any other software to burn my discs.

I am also hoping more games have a 64 bit counterpart coming soon, too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.