Write error :(

Jerones88

Hey guys,

I am trying to burn a xbox 360 game with ImgBurn but with no succes.

I am using the Samsung SH-S223Q, Emtect DL Discs.

Currently i am trying to install a new firmware update but the file that samsung is giving me is a .exe, and i have no clue what do do with it.

anyway here is my log file.

I 15:24:43 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:24:43 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:24:43 Total Physical Memory: 3.405.948 KB - Available: 2.673.592 KB

I 15:24:43 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:24:43 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:24:43 Found 1 DVD

ImgBurn.log

Rename the file removing the comma at the end and it should work. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before applying the firmware. Reboot after it has finished. Try burning again and if it still doesn't work then read this :)

Rename the file removing the comma at the end and it should work. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before applying the firmware. Reboot after it has finished. Try burning again and if it still doesn't work then read this :)

I really appriciate you're comment but there is a small thing i would like to know about the error log, is this a problem linked to my dvd discs or is it a hardware problem of my samsung DL burner because i dont understand the error.

Thanks in advance

'Write Error' means exactly what it says.

The drive ran into a problem trying to write to the disc.

Verbatim media is better quality and drives just prefer it over anything else.

Get some of the 2.4x stuff (MKM-001-00 dye) and you'll be fine.

Did you install the SB01 firmware ok?

'Write Error' means exactly what it says.

The drive ran into a problem trying to write to the disc.

Verbatim media is better quality and drives just prefer it over anything else.

Get some of the 2.4x stuff (MKM-001-00 dye) and you'll be fine.

Did you install the SB01 firmware ok?

Here is a little update :D

I succesfully installed the SB01 firmware rebooted and it seems ok.

I gaved it another try but without succes it did go further though, it stopped at 24%.

Now i'm going to burn a normal dvd just to see if this thing can burn at all (just got it for a day).

I will put a update here in about 20 minuts.

Oh and btw Thank you for the reply i am going to buy the verbatims and see what the result on that will be.

Jeroen

Attached u can find the new log just in case.

oh and 1 more thing when the burning is failed he is automaticlly opening the dvd to see whats on it and then i get this error from windows, i know you guys cant troubleshoot windows things but maybe this explains something:

Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem

Check online for a solution and close the program

Close the program

i doenst do anything on both the options so i dont know whats happening.

ImgBurn.log

I had the same problem with single layer disc. Switched to verbatum and burned single layer disc at 16x perfect. I then alternated between the bad discs and the verbatum and managed to get rid of the bad ones with the least amount of coasters. No more brand x for me.

• 5 months later...

Hello. I'm having the same problem right now. I always use verbatims disc to burn my games but actually I get the same error message as explained here. What do you mean with remove the comma by rename the file? I saw the different files but no one has a comma in the name. Any idea? Tnx :unsure:

Hello. I'm having the same problem right now. I always use verbatims disc to burn my games but actually I get the same error message as explained here. What do you mean with remove the comma by rename the file? I saw the different files but no one has a comma in the name. Any idea? Tnx :unsure:

Please start a new thread and also post the log of your failed burn (look in ImgBurn's Help menu) :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.