How to merge multipart cue lists

PCPete

With reference to the free music list tool, I'm having problems parsing multiple cue lists as input specifiers and merging the results.

So if someone imports a cue list that contains multipart cues referred to offsets within the source file, then imports a second such cue file, no matter what kind of cue output I try to create, imgburn returns an error message "Invalid CUE reference" when I try to open the cue list within ImgBurn.

I can successfully merge multiple SIMPLE cue lists and m3us and individual files in any combination, and export them fine as a single cue or m3u, just the multipart cues are giving me heartburn.

Part of the problem is that I don't ever use offsets within a cue file, so my testing is a bit limited (since ImgBurn correctly tries to read each segment specified, and of course they don't exist on this system). But if there's a better way of getting multiple cue entries from multiple multipart cue specifiers, I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

PCPete

What does your merged file look like?

The merged cue lines are :

PERFORMER "VA"

TITLE "Ministry Of Sound - The Annual 2009 CD1"

FILE "101-ministry_of_sound_-_the_annual_2009_cd1.mp3" MP3

TRACK 01 AUDIO

TITLE "Pjanoo"

PERFORMER "Eric Prydz"

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

TITLE "Baba O'Riley (The Cube Guys Mix)"

PERFORMER "The Cube Guys"

INDEX 01 04:42:29

TRACK 03 AUDIO

TITLE "Partouze"

PERFORMER "Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso"

INDEX 01 10:35:39

TRACK 04 AUDIO

TITLE "Can't Slow Down"

PERFORMER "Dahlb

Edited by PCPete

You can't reorder tracks in a single larger bin/wav file, there's no 'end of track' marker and the 'INDEX's must be in order.

They're need to use another tool to split the large bin/wav into smaller ones based on the original cue file and then load those files as they would any other mp3/wma/small wav etc.

It might be easier to just mount the CUE in DT and rip the tracks again.

The error message you mentioned earlier doesn't exist in my code so I can't help you with that until you can provide the real one.

Nothing jumps out at me as being *wrong* in the posted cue. If the files don't actually exist on your hdd then that could indeed be the problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.