invalid field in parameter list

palman

hi there

i havent had any problems with imgburn for like ages, but today, and i swear my computers know i have a rush job on, i am getting the above error.

I first set the the BLP to a 57/43 split on disc where i knew i coudl afford to have it jump to next layer. rather than where is suggest in the middle of a sequence at 50/50

i am always consious of having that slight interruption when customers are viewing it back as it changes layer.

first i was getting the power calibration error, even though last week i burned another disc fine.

so i transfered the image to another computer then i was gettign the l0 zone capacity which i am lost about as to me there is plenty of space on the disc.

so as the job has to be out, i remade the iso with the 50/50 split marked good. now i get the error and at a loss how to cure it.

i did look through FAQ's but didnt see anything.

as this is the first time i have got this error , now i am wondering if its becasuse i updated from 1.23 to 1.29 firmware which i know you guys go a lot on.

Edited by palman

i just remade the image again, and tried another 3 dvd's

power calibration error again

so i tried a 4th dvd and now it finally started burning

so a power calibration can be a bad media too? a slightly misleading error perhaps ?

i dunno but maybe this thread might help others.

it hasnt as yet finished, i may well get error when it changes over to burn L1

hiyah

i got so many errors i am not 100% sure this is the log from teh one i posted here but it does say the actual error.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Saturday, 08 November 2008, 10:10:58

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 10:06:39 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 10:06:39 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 10:06:39 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,852 KB - Available: 1,752,488 KB

I 10:06:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:06:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:06:39 Found 1 DVD

ahh so what yer saying is the power calibration error , had already written a bit to the disc, thereby not making it not a blank.

i did consider that, and took it out to look, as normally you can see where its been written, i guess it was so small an area it didnt show up to well.

Thankyou again for your input and i know you keep harping on about dvd's but i rarely have problems with the Fortis brand, even on xbox360. I do tend to use a 10 bank duplicator but i still need to make the master, i don't have the usb addon.

I have since writing to the forum, had to bin all i did and start from scratch, and i am pleased to say all went well this time. Yes using the same brand disc :P heh i am sure you have shares in verbatim. Actually they are very good discs and i do have a few here in stock. The problem is the customers just pirate the ruddy dvd's anyway :(. It is about time to see they dropped down in price too.

thx again

It looks as the media code you are using is not included in the 1.29 firmware version.

I 10:07:15 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D02-00) (Speeds: 2.4x)

post-20-1226158645_thumb.png

It's supported in the DVR-216D model:

post-20-1226159056_thumb.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.