BDMV & Certificate

White Knite GTP

Just want to know the correct BD-R/RE structure. As I have searched, it should be the BDMV and Certificate folders.

Use AnyDVD HD to rip to HDD.

Use BDInfo to determe main stream.

Use tsMuxer to import stream and output blu-ray structure to burn folder.

Use ImgBurn to grab BDMV folder from the burn folder and Certificate folder. (up to this point certificate folder has two files and child folder with the same files).

and then burn.

Open explorer to check folder structure both folders are there but the Certificate folder is now empty and even though the child folder is present it is also empty.

Any ideas? The BD-RE will play on the PC without any problems but not on the standalone.

http://reviews.cnet.com/video-players-and-...?tag=mncol;rnav

ImgBurn.log

ImgBurn.pdf

Edited by White Knite GTP

If the certificate folder was in the source list then it would have been added to the compilation 'as-is' (i.e. it would include all the files that were in it).

If it wasn't, ImgBurn adds one (and its sub folder), but it will of course just be empty.

Do you have any settings enabled that could be making it ignore the files in the cert folder?

Get me a screenshot of the main window when the 'Options' tab is visible please.

If the certificate folder was in the source list then it would have been added to the compilation 'as-is' (i.e. it would include all the files that were in it).

If it wasn't, ImgBurn adds one (and its sub folder), but it will of course just be empty.

Do you have any settings enabled that could be making it ignore the files in the cert folder?

Get me a screenshot of the main window when the 'Options' tab is visible please.

Ok, so after a long nite of researching, I found an option that must be enabled. It is the BD-RE fastwrite. Last nights log I had enabled it but had not checked the disc until this morning. Now the Certificate folder, as I had done in the past burns, now has the files in it.

Nonetheless, I still can't play the BD-RE in the standalone, even though it plays on the PC. Could it possibly be the media. I thought I read on a post that the LG BD-RE was causing problems.

I guess back to researching and I ordered BD-R's so I guess I will try with that and advise. In the meantime, let me know if I should be doing anything else.

I will get you the screen shot tonight.

BTW, I guess I am doing everything else right all the way to the structure before the burn?

Edited by White Knite GTP

Just want to know the correct BD-R/RE structure. As I have searched, it should be the BDMV and Certificate folders.

Use ImgBurn to grab BDMV folder from the burn folder and Certificate folder. (up to this point certificate folder has two files and child folder with the same files).

and then burn.

Open explorer to check folder structure both folders are there but the Certificate folder is now empty and even though the child folder is present it is also empty.

Any ideas? The BD-RE will play on the PC without any problems but not on the standalone.

Read my post I posted about 2 weeks ago, I think it will help you. My problem turned out to be the stand alone player all along & not the media.

What are the size of the finished burns? Are you playing them back in a blu ray standalone or a regular dvd player stand a lone? :)

This particular one is Journey to Center of the Earth around 18 gigs.

Playing them back in a standalone blu-ray. Panasonic DMP-BD35.

I would tend to think that the blu-ray disc won't work in a dvd player.

and then burn.

Read my post I posted about 2 weeks ago, I think it will help you. My problem turned out to be the stand alone player all along & not the media.

Granted. You have been down that road. What I wouldn't understand is if this is one of few players that claims support for all different formats, how can I possibly test this out on any other player that does't support BD-R or BD-RE formats?

and then burn.

dvscanadian

Well like you said...it was the player. I went to Costco and bought all three brands they had. (Sony, Samsung and Sylvania) The BD-R & RE worked on the Sony unit. BD-R worked on the Samsung and I couldn't get the the Sylvania to work at all. I kept the Sony and returned the other two. And as you already know the Panasonic DMP-BD35 & BD55 won't read any either. Hope this provides a little more info for the next person.

LightningUK

Thanks for all your help and patience. I will try to put in as much information as I can into the forum. I would like to contribute, how do I go about doing so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.