Editing the Media Desciptor file (MDS)

Sliztzan

Hi guys, I wish everyone well and hope your holiday was nice if you celebrated Thanksgiving. :thumbup:

I've not been able to fine anyway to edit the MDS file. The reason for this is because I would like to rename the ISO and the MDS file will not work when I do that. I am not able to burn this to DVD right now, so I will be archiving on another drive and wish to rename it to something more recognizable for future use.

I've opened the file with notepad and changed the name in the file to match the renamed ISO, but I don't think this is proper way to do this, and it does not work. I'm sure there is some tool or easy way, but I cannot find the answer. :unsure:

You should use an hex editor to edit the .mds file :thumbup:

The charactors don't show themselves if the filename is longer than 8 characters. Is there a certain way the file should be open with long filenames?

Edited by Sliztzan

Oh ok. I see that works with the ones I create with ImgBurn. It doesn't work with some others though. Probably the reason there isn't a tool to do that is from lack of need. I'll just create a folder to put these oddballs in and use the folder name to describe what it is. Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.