So far, this piece of software's made 5 coasters....

ulrichburke

Dear Sir.

I was recommended to use this piece of software to burn ISOs by a few websites, so I downloaded it. Thus far, I've got 5 drinks coasters and I'm a little afraid of trying another DVD!!!

Here's the error log. All 5 error logs have been identical.

I 08:06:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 08:06:00 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 08:06:00 Total Physical Memory: 916,976 KB - Available: 525,360 KB

I 08:06:00 Initialising SPTI...

I 08:06:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 08:06:00 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 08:06:28 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: ProdiscF01)

You'll continue to create coaster if you keep using those shitty discs...we recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden for SL projects.

I 08:24:12 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:17:44

I 08:24:12 Average Write Rate: 2,776 KB/s (2.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,588 KB/s (4.0x)

The burn completed successfully.....

E 08:33:50 Failed to Read Sector 527121 - Reason: Unrecovered Read Error

E 08:33:50 Sector 527121 maps to File: \Demo Projects\All 4 You\Audio\shakers a4u.aif

E 08:33:50 Failed to Verify Sectors!

,but failed to verify. Is the disc not playable or recognized when you place it in your PC?

I'm running Windows XP with 1.5gig RAM, 300gig hard drive spare, a brand new (3 days old!!) DVD burner and an ASUS motherboard with an AMD Sempron processor.

and I'm cross!! Does this thing EVER work?

Yours puzzledly

ulrichburke.

as youve been told, your choice of media is rubbish. change to decent stuff like taiyo yuden and this will be solved.

as you said, it doesnt even verify sectors that it just wrote, so either your drive is bad at reading or the disc its reading is rubbish ?. which one do you think is correct ?. You spent decent money on a decent writer, then expect it to perform miracles by using cheap media !

for some reason you chose 6x as the write speed !! the discs your using only support 4x and 8x , so why choose 6x ?

I 08:06:28 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: ProdiscF01) (Speeds: 4x, 8x)

I 08:06:28 Write Speed: 6x

youve got the read speeds on MAX , so this probably won help with verifying.

I 08:24:37 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / MAX

you have a I/O restriction of some kind from the hdd you used to the writer,

W 08:08:02 Waiting for buffers to recover... (LBA: 94880)

W 08:08:08 Waiting for hard disk activity to reach threshold level.

your line in the title 'This thing does not burn ISOs, no way, no how' was enough to make Angry, then your comment "and I'm cross!! Does this thing EVER work" did the trick :rolleyes:

Im only replying to you because its obvious you dont know what your doing with the software, by explaining whats wrong to you, and proving the fact its down to the user's lack of knowledge and not the program.

Merry Xmas

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.