Power Calibration Area Error

alice_mega

Okay, so here's the lowdown: I downloaded DVD Flick with ImgBurn a few months ago, and I've been burning DVDs since. Now, it seems like some files will burn and some won't. They're in the proper format, and I've burned a great deal of DVDs, but about 60% of the time, the DVD will be Buffering before the burn, and it can't make it past that point. It'll try a good 20 times before sending the I/O error message.

To make things a little clear, I'm pretty illiterate with programs. Never paid much attention. I know some things about computers, but not a LOT, so explanations are much obliged. Please halp! I just wanna burn muh dvds!

Log:

I 23:35:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 23:35:00 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 23:35:00 Total Physical Memory: 1,030,336 KB - Available: 313,108 KB

I 23:35:00 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:35:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:35:02 Found 1 DVD

Edited by alice_mega

Update the firmware on your drive and try again.

http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/SHM-...re/DR16HS0E.rar

I don't rate your media though, you'd have a better chance with decent stuff by Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

I'll try that after I go move the tree that just fell on my roomate's car, lawd. Thank you for your input. So are those alternative burning programs? Are they free downloads?

Edited by alice_mega

Hi

May I just start by saying...crap crap crappity crap!

I had this very same issue a few months ago. I knew damn well it wasn't ImgBurn and it took me forever to work out what it was. After the event I decided to save the log files and send them as FYI to Lightening should it ever come up again. Of course I then reformatted and lost the buggers.

Forgive me if this is not your problem, but ...

I installed XP on an Nvidia chipset board (Crosshair - since thrown out the window) using a SATA DVD drive. This was the first time I'd done the install this way - the previous one being from an PATA DVD drive. If you install using a SATA drive you automatically get the dreaded nvgts.dll installed. This was the little POS that was shagging up ImgBurn for me.

I reinstalled yet again using a regular PATA drive then plugged in the SATA ones. Everything then worked a treat.

If you reckon this is your problem then don't for gods sake do what I did and delete the nvgts.dll thinking Windows would find something else! It doesn't and the OS wont boot (bring on Knoppix!). Just back up your stuff and reformat using an normal IDE / PATA drive.

I really hope that helps

Balders

edit..Sorry I got carried away with my own ineptitude. I was getting the voltage calibration errors along with numerous others, I think they were 57 and 64, plus some can't initialise drives or some such and something to do with 'no additional sense'? It was a few months ago now, I don't fully remember - sorry. Many many errors though, it nearly drove me insane! Or maybe it did and I'm just in denial!

Edited by Baldrick2

Update the firmware on your drive and try again.

http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/SHM-...re/DR16HS0E.rar

I don't rate your media though, you'd have a better chance with decent stuff by Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

I have tried the same, Lite-on does not have new firmware for my burner {LITE-ON DVDRW SH-16A7S WS04 (ATA)}

I am also getting the Power Calibration Area Error, only I am getting mine before writing even begins. this only happens on Dual Layer DVDs, I can write single layer 4.7 Gig DVDs with no issue.

ImgBurn Error Message: Failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity / Reason: Power Calibration Area Error.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.