Invalid Floating Point Operation

Hiro Protagonist

I am trying to use ImgBurn to create a simple Audio CD from MP3 files.

I am in the Create CD CUE File mode and select a series of MP3 files. I encounter a problem where a simple ImgBurn dialog box says, "Invalid Floating Point Operation" and when I OK it, I'm taken back to the CUE file window. I narrowed it down to one track that causes the problem.

I wondered if there were something unusual about the MP3 file's encoding so I used Lame to decode the file to .wav format. When I try to add THAT to the list, it takes longer but eventually presents me with the same message, "Invalid Floating Point Operation". I see nothing of note in the ImgBurn log. I have reinstalled ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 with no change in behavior.

I am using Windows Vista 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, ImgBurn 2.4.2.0.

Thank you, in advance, for any suggestions or assistance you can offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I did look at it and although I didn't get the error you mentioned, I did notice that it had the same problem with the info in its header that another file I'd just looked at had - basically where the file says it's bigger than it actually is.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what was causing the issue on your machine but a fix/workaround had already been put in place for such files. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.