Device not ready ( No reference position found)

Sammy

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting Imgburn to read a DVD that I am trying to copy. It is not copy protected and the other DVDs in the series copied just fine.

I'm getting the message at the bottom: Device not ready (No reference position found).

I've read through the support thread and have not found any information on this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sammy

Hi all,

I'm having problems getting Imgburn to read a DVD that I am trying to copy. It is not copy protected and the other DVDs in the series copied just fine.

I'm getting the message at the bottom: Device not ready (No reference position found).

I've read through the support thread and have not found any information on this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Sammy

Hi Cynthia,

Yes, the disc has been cleaned. It is the 4th in a series of 5, all the others have copied but this one just won't read. I put it into the burner and I get Device not ready (Logical unit is in process of becoming ready ) for a long time and then it goes to an I/O error and/or to Device not ready (No reference position found).

I cannot figure out what to do?

Thanks for responding and Happy New Year too!

Sammy

you have another reader to try it in?

No, sorry. I only have the DVD burner drive on my desktop.

Sammy

Meant to add this to my last post. I tried refreshing the drive and also Rezero and the I/O Error is:

I/O Error

Device: [1:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW LH-16W1P SL08 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x2

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 01 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: ReZero Unit

Sense Area: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: No Reference Position Found

Do you know what this means?

Thank You,

Sammy

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem, I'm using Sony DRD+R, 120 min, 4.7 GB ver 1.3.

I put the disc in, and it says the whole Reference point not found thing.

However, when I put in a blank CD-R, that works fine (but the CD doesn't have all the space I need to burn the whole movie I want)

So before going out and buying new discs, any help?

Ahhh Man.

Alright thanks a lot.

Would I be able to buy those separately and if so, about how much do you think they would go for?

Also any general information I might need on buying a DVD Burner for a laptop would be much appreciated.

Laptop burners aren't very reliable/durable and you'll have better results using a normal-sized burner in an external enclosure, if you can. Please have a look at this thread for online retailers that may also have burners.

Be sure to test the burner before buying, or ensure you can return/replace it if it doesn't work, as some combinations of external burners/enclosures may not work well with your laptop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.