problems with my pioneer dvr 105

trustybk3

Don't know where to post this but, I am having problems with my dvd drive. I can't rip or burn music or movies. When I click on my computer there is no icon to select for my dvd drive. I tried to install drivers for it and it said device could not be found. When I insert a disk the light lights up like it's working but nothing pops up. One day I was able to use it the next I couldn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Right click my computer and click properties, then click hardware and then device manager. Expand DvD/CDRom drives and see if your dvd drive shows up. You might find it in device manager with a yellow question mark or a ! symbol inside a yellow triangle icon. If you see the drive with one of those symbols you got some sorta problem.

If your drive is plugged into the motherboard and has power to it, you should see it in device manager. Your drive might be disabled or it might need to be installed.

Edited by Minipops

trusty, Thats an old drive, perhaps it's just come to the end of its life cycle. You can grab new pioneer drives for 30 or 40 dollars that also due dual layer burning as well. Might be time to invest. :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.