Yet another dual layer burning issue I/O error

residentevol

Hey guys trying to burn something onto a D/L disk SSBB to be exact I know the preferred disc is verbatim but where I am currently located all I can get are JVC DVD+R. Anyways when I am burning at 47% on two discs in a row I get an I/O error. I tried using once with manual layer break and once without the manual. Both failed in similar ways. I also went to my device manager and tried to update my dvd device driver and it says everything is up to date. Not sure how to get my DVD drive firmware update I cant seem to find it online (im using HP DV6000 laptop). Here is my error log from the 2nd attempt Please help I dont want to waste any more discs!

I 18:24:16 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:24:16 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:24:16 Total Physical Memory: 981,172 KB - Available: 356,640 KB

I 18:24:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:24:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:24:16 Found 1 DVD

I 18:32:38 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Your discs are actually Ritek DL's and are junk. Many people have to look around the internet if their local brick and mortar stores do not carry what they need....sorry.

I 18:32:38 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Your discs are actually Ritek DL's and are junk. Many people have to look around the internet if their local brick and mortar stores do not carry what they need....sorry.

so the error message that im getting is purely due to the junk discs I have? that sucks about 17 bucks down the tube...

for firmware go to hp.com , then search thru the support pages. there's about 20 variations of your laptop, so check the EXACT model number.

Although its a pioneer drive, you wont get support from them as its a HP fitment.

If theres a firmware update, it 'may' allow you to use the ritek discs youve got, but youd be better to buy verbatims for DL work as spinner said above,the riteks are rubbish

laptop drives are not the best, you would be better off with a decent external usb writer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.