CD-Audio won't play! Why? It's a data disk...

earhole

I read "How to burn an Audio CD from music files using ImgBurn..." and followed the instructions. What I ended up with was not an Audio CD at all, but a data disc with .WAV files on it. A CD player can't read it.

If I screwed up, can someone tell me what I did wrong? If I didn't, then people need to know that you can't burn an Audio CD with ImgBurn.

I read "How to burn an Audio CD from music files using ImgBurn..." and followed the instructions. What I ended up with was not an Audio CD at all, but a data disc with .WAV files on it. A CD player can't read it.

If I screwed up, can someone tell me what I did wrong? If I didn't, then people need to know that you can't burn an Audio CD with ImgBurn.

Wav files are the ONLY format that a standard CD player reads :) No need to tell people that you cant burn an audio CD with ImgBurn, because you CAN :thumbup:

thats not saying you screwed up, but if you follow the guide you 'should' get a playable audio CD afterwards, answer what Loco said above this post and we should be able to sort you out

• 1 month later...

Wav files are the ONLY format that a standard CD player reads :) No need to tell people that you cant burn an audio CD with ImgBurn, because you CAN :thumbup:

thats not saying you screwed up, but if you follow the guide you 'should' get a playable audio CD afterwards, answer what Loco said above this post and we should be able to sort you out

I swear, mine were .WAV. And that's the problem. An Audio CD needs to have .cda files. Granted, it's the same thing, but it's kinda hard to go back and change the filenames on a CD-R...

Anyway I just tried another burn and it worked fine. Thanks to all!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.