Burn speeds faster than specified?

SJ2571

I've burnt 4 DVDs tonight and I've set them all to burn at 1x only, but they all burnt at a higher rate (the current one is burning at 4.0x!). Why is this? I've disabled automatic settings for speed and selected 1x, so it seems strange (and annoying).

First of all, when posting, please post a log of the burn in question since it answers a lot of questions that we may have.

Secondly, your drive will only burn at the speeds that it "reads" off of the media MID. Choosing a speed that does not exist will not work as the drive will choose the closest one to what your input is.

I like to burn at 1x for reliability. Nero can do it, as can DeepBurner. ImgBurn is the only app that doesn't. My log is below.

BTW, why does my sig keep disappearing? I've put it in twice but it's gone again?

I 22:55:00 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 22:55:00 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 22:55:00 Total Physical Memory: 785,200 KB - Available: 214,864 KB

I 22:55:00 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:55:00 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:55:10 Found 1 DVD

Okay, but those apps report that they're writing at 1x, so I had no reason to doubt them.

As for the sig, I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was a problem. A simple PM would've been sufficient to explain. :unsure: There was no need to publically insult me.

Edited by SJ2571

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.