having problem finalizing BD discs

gerrybow

Let me begin by saying I am very happy to have found ImgBurn it is awsome, however I am getting confused as why imgburn will automatically finalize some bd titles and not others. I have reviewed the FAQ and other info I could find in the forums but I am still at a loss as to what I am doing wrong. I use Verbatim and Ridata bd discs and have had great success with both media. All of the projects burned with ImgBurn on disc media play on my PC finalized or not. yet the unfinalized versions will not play on my standalone. I enjoy watching my DVD and BD movies on a Panasonic BD35(great Picture). I perform the same process as described in the instructions of use. All the files are stored on NTFS drives so that is not a problem. Finalizing doesn't even show up in log (see below) as being done??? While on others it is accomplished. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am more concerned with this problem related to disc burning and not playing the movies on my PC. Can anyone offer assistance in this regard? HELP!

8200 GeForce AMD Socket AM2+ DDR2 1066 MHZ

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5800+ 3.00GHZ

32 bit operating system

I 14:09:30 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:09:30 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 14:09:30 Total Physical Memory: 3,406,140 KB - Available: 2,295,612 KB

W 14:09:30 Drive J:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

W 14:09:30 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 14:09:30 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:09:30 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:09:30 Found 1 DVD

That log is from creating an ISO image. Please post a log showing the burn problem.

Thanks for responding. I am not very educated in this area and there is a lot I need to learn. I don't know where to find the log showing the burn problem. The ImgBurn log is the only one I know of. How do I find the other log? The iso log shows that the finalizing process was never initiated and I do not know why. Isn't the finalizing process part of what ImgBurn is supposed to accomplish after burning the image on discs so that they will play on standalone players? Hope You can help. Thanks

Old logs can be found here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

When you write/save an image file to a hard disk - there is no finalizing part (closing of the disc). See it as a pure Windows copy from one part of the hard disk to another part of the hard disk - the only difference is that it's saved in a container (iso file).

:)

Old logs can be found here: Main Menu -> Help -> ImgBurn Logs

When you write/save an image file to a hard disk - there is no finalizing part (closing of the disc). See it as a pure Windows copy from one part of the hard disk to another part of the hard disk - the only difference is that it's saved in a container (iso file).

:)

Cynthia the process I have been using is this 1. Access BD info, find the movies main file and write down the file number. Go to TsMuxer create blu ray file folder of movie. 3. ImgBurn build BD.iso save to file on HD. 4 ImgBurn write .iso file from HD to BD disc. Play movie on Panasonic BD 35. Is this the same process as you suggested in your response? I may be asking a dumb question because I am not familiar with the much of the terminology (anachronisms) used by the experienced users such as yourself . Am I correct that the file I supplied above is the burn file or just the .Iso file or are they the same thing? Most of the titles I burn work flawlessly.

This is what I look for in the what I think is the burn log. When I see this I know it will run on my standalone.

I 20:05:38 Synchronising Cache...

I 20:05:40 Closing Track...

I 20:05:41 Finalising Disc...

I 20:05:51 Exporting Graph Data...

I 20:05:51 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Gerry\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_GGW-H20L_YL05_THURSDAY-JANUARY-29-2009_7-33_PM_RITEK-BR1-00_MAX.ibg

I 20:05:51 Export Successfully Completed!

I 20:05:51 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:32:09

Another example from another titles burn closing

I 17:45:17 Synchronising Cache...

I 17:45:19 Exporting Graph Data...

I 17:45:19 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Gerry\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_GGW-H20L_YL05_SATURDAY-JANUARY-31-2009_4-46_PM_RITEK-BW1-01_MAX.ibg

I 17:45:19 Export Successfully Completed!

I 17:45:19 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:59:10

The latter burn will not play and freezes up the panasonic BD35 at which point the remote control does not work and I am forced to unplug power to the player and restart just to get the disc out? I would be very grateful if you could give me some instruction on how to fix this problem. The above examples are from two different titles one works the other doesn't. Thanks in advance for your previous reply.

One is BD-R and the other is BD-RE.

You don't perform the same commands on both formats. One needs finalising, the other doesn't.

If your player doesn't like the BD-RE then you should stop using them. You might have more luck with some decent BD-RE from Verbatim though.

One is BD-R and the other is BD-RE.

You don't perform the same commands on both formats. One needs finalising, the other doesn't.

If your player doesn't like the BD-RE then you should stop using them. You might have more luck with some decent BD-RE from Verbatim though.

:blink: I have been using a BD/RE as a check before I burn to BD-R. Is the BD-R format that requires finalizing before it will play on the panasonic BD35? Is my use of ANYDVD HD in the burn .iso image to disc causing the finalising process to fail or not be initiated? My player does not have a problem with the RiData BD/RE. I may making mistakes in the read/build/write process. All of the burns I have made have been deemed successful but some of them will not play on the BD35 they cause it to freeze up and I am forced to unplug the unit to retrieve the disc. This same disc will play on my PC. :seestars: Appreciate and agree on Verbatim as it is my medium of choice and is one of the best brands available. I went for a deal on some RiData BD-R discs on sale bad move? Appreciate any advise you may offer. Thanks in advance.

If a player can't read a disc it will often skip about a bit before eventually freezing. (Different drives read discs better/worse than others)

It would appear the freeze is actually crashing your entire unit.

Verbatim discs are better quality and therefore easier to read - hence no freeze / hang / crash.

So you're not doing anything wrong, nor is the program. Use better media and the problem will go away.

If a player can't read a disc it will often skip about a bit before eventually freezing. (Different drives read discs better/worse than others)

Verbatim discs are better quality and therefore easier to read - hence no freeze / hang / crash.

So you're not doing anything wrong, nor is the program. Use better media and the problem will go away.

Thanks LIGHTNING UK. You are correct the panasonic BD35 goes into total freeze nothing works must unplug to restart unit.I guess as the phrase goes I could screw up a free lunch. I agree with you that Verbatim is the best medium to use for burning. I had a Verbatim BD-RE that I was able to use a couple of times before it developed problems and became a coaster. I am using some RiData discs that I recently purchased and they worked fine on four titles using the BDinfo-TsMuxer create bluray disc-ImgBurn build(.iso to folder)-ImgBurn write to disc. Used Any DVD HD to remove protect,enable bluray support,remove annoying adverts and trailers,disable BD-Live,remove region code. I am so confused as to what method or selection of options will allow me to create a disc that plays on my standalone. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

You don't need to create an ISO image before burning to disc: use the 'Write files/folder to disc' option, or, if already in Build mode, select Device under the Output menu.

:headbanging: Thank you MMalves you were right about not having to burn .iso files for BD write to disc. Just completed a movie burn successfully. :& However a new challenge has been popped up. I ve discovered a problem with my ability to burn certain titles with TsMuxe'/Imgburn. Couldn't figure out why these titles wouldn't play on my panasonic BD35 until I read a thread at AnyDVD HD that seems to explain the problem, that being that TsMuxer has a problem with the VC-1 format, and " ...how it mux vc-1 streams into the transport stream. The m2ts files done with tsmuxer are not 100% compliant to the BD standards." All the others format Muxes it can handle. Please note I am quoting technical from others here as my knowledge base in these is novice at best. I don't know if there is anything that ImgBurn can do about this. So Iam more inclined at this point to believe that the problem is not the Panasonic BD35 but software combinations used to create the files to be read. Do you have advise on what freeware program may solve this VC-1 problem?

Ref:

SlySoft Forum > Software Talk (english) > AnyDVD HD

Playback copies with Panasonic players after removing region code see VC-1 Problem.

Thank you for your kind words I do appreciate them. I have come upon some information new to me since your reply to my post. Burned a movie today on a RiData disc and it replayed fine on my panasonic BD35. I believe that the problem has to do with TsMuxer and reading and formating VC-1 files correctly. Every movie that I tried to burn that was made in VC-1 format has failed and crashed the panasonic. I have read many articles that seem to indicate the panasonic player has problems with VC-1 read by TsMuxer. The problem only occurs when you attempt to do a stripped down version of the movie with VC-1 encoding. The player has no problems with whole disc copies. Are you familiar with this problem with TsMuxer and VC-1 movies? Is there a workaround that can be used that will allow me to burn stripped down versions of VC-1 Movies in ImgBurn. There seems to be a few threads on ANY DVD HD discussing this problem. Thank you in advance.

ImgBurn burns data as it is, i.e. it doesn't change anything. Have you looked at this thread?

:& Have TsMuxer v1.8.8b tried to Mux/Imgburn 2 movies I stripped down with TsMuxer with vc-1 codex and both failed. The method you shared with me earlier works on all mpeg2 and h.264. I know Smartlabs lists that TsMuxer works with VC-1doesn't seem to recognize the stream.

In an earlier post today I found some info on problems with TsMuxer at:

SlySoft Forum > Software Talk (english) > AnyDVD HD

Playback copies with Panasonic players after removing region code

This reply from a senior member "This is not really a problem of the Panasonic players, but a problem of the freeware tools and how they mux VC-1 streams into the transport stream. The m2ts files done with tsmuxer are not 100% compliant to the BD standards. If you mux vc-1 streams with professional BD authoring software the discs play without any problem."

Do you know possible free software solutions or workarounds for this? Thanks

Edited by gerrybow

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.