Dual Layer DVD-R DL Works Perfectly

Leeroy17

There's nothing precious about -R DLs. They are just a hassle. And there's certainly nothing precious about Ritek DL media (or SL media anymore, sadly).

ONLY use Verbatim, +R, 2.4x, MKM-001-00, Made in Singapore for your DL needs.

Regards

While I commend you on your pursuit of something that can burn -r DL's the way you want, I don't see the purpose of this post since you're comparing apples to oranges; since a stand alone unit does not have to follow he same logic patern as a computer driven device, and ImgBurn isn't the burning program for the device.

While I commend you on your pursuit of something that can burn -r DL's the way you want, I don't see the purpose of this post since you're comparing apples to oranges; since a stand alone unit does not have to follow he same logic patern as a computer driven device, and ImgBurn isn't the burning program for the device.

My main reason for posting this is to make users aware that there ia another option to use DVD-R DL. Isn't this forum use to spread our findings?.

If you recall all the postings regarding DVD-R DL that users have burn with Imgburn, could you please advise how many are successful?. Why is there a recommdation NOT to use DVD-R DL but DVD+R instead?.

DVD+R DL is better supported by burners and reader devices alike, not to mention it's superior to DVD-R DL. For example, you can't change the layerbreak position on the DVD-R DL standard, and this is needed for DVD-Video/console games/navigation discs/etc. Since less people use DVD-R DL, the manufacturers don't tweak much their burners' firmwares for this type of media, and, in the end, you get low quality burns on this media, if they burn at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.