I/O Error Logical Unit Not Ready, Long Write in Progress

CosmicKite

Hi

I have burned a handful of Xbox 360 backups and 3 out of 4 worked fine but even on the successful ones i always get an I/O error.

Logical Unit not ready, Long Write in Progress

I have attached a Jpeg of the error.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Monday, 23 February 2009, 12:30:34

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:00:02 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:00:02 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack

3)

I 12:00:02 Total Physical Memory: 1,046,892 KB - Available: 666,308 KB

I 12:00:02 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:00:02 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:00:32 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

post-17704-1236702873_thumb.jpg

If it's always when setting the LB, ignore it. You just have a weird drive - that's not an error most normal drives would ever return there.

Thanks for the swift reply Lightning. The discs i have used so far are Imation (Ritek). I have ordered some Verbatim x8, so will see if they are more consistent (4 out of 5 Imation discs were fine)

Freecom support claim the actual writer in the box is an Optiarc but they can't tell me what the model number is. They are pretty useless so i guess a firmware update would not solve the issue in that case as i would not know which one to go for.

I don't mind the message coming up as long as the discs burn more or less consistently.

I have actually already made some tweaks to deal with drives like yours so the message shouldn't pop up in the next version.

If you want reliable discs, you really need the 2.4x speed verbatim ones (where possible). They work better in more drives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.