liteon atapi ihas120 6

Highlander

:/ Ok I have a HP IQ touch as my old computer blew on me so I spent $1300 on this new computer and I can not burn a dam game sence my old one went on me. Now I am using Img Burn like before and I have all the same settings I have the Verbatim Cds made sure that they were the Singapore cds itc and I was told that the Drive my computer came with (tsstcorp CDDVDW TS-T633a was not good for writing cds to play on Xbox. Now I went to Wallie world and got a new LiteOn atapi ihas120 6 simply an EZ-dub usb powered external writer $82 and still I get an unreadable disk error. But in looking through the pamphlet it states that (This device will not duplicate any copyrighted materials). Is this junk to me and if so where is a good place to get a DVD writer that I can use via USB to get my kids games going again. :/

This device will not duplicate any copyrighted materials

The drive nor Imgburn will not bypass any type of copy protection, that would be down to another program which is outside the scope of Imgburn and this forum.

Here is the logs let me know what you think I guess part of what I was saying is that I wondered if they some how were able to block a certain drive from making back up copies of the xbox game? Its probably a stupid question but I just wondered as I seen it inside the box of the new burner

But here you go

/****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 - Log

; Monday, 16 March 2009, 14:28:14

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 14:27:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 14:27:54 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 14:27:54 Total Physical Memory: 4,184,396 KB - Available: 1,009,272 KB

I 14:27:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:27:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:27:54 Found 1 DVD

Close all unnecessary programs before burning. If you keep getting the 'unable to lock volume for exclusive access' error then please read the FAQ on how to solve this problem.

As it was said on your other thread about this same problem, your discs aren't being booktyped correctly. Use the Book Type dialog to manually set the booktype to DVD-ROM before burning (use the EEPROM option to save this preference on the burner's memory). Alternatively you could add ATAPI iHAS120 6 to Lite-On OEM in the Advanced settings of the Book Type dialog.

Well I am sory to be such a dolt here in the matter as I do admit to be ignorant in the matter can you give a little more specific directions to set the book type? When it worked before it was as simple as installing and it all worked. this time I am banging my head into the wall tring to figure it out. As well i have blown through about $100 in DVDs with no sucess as of late. Thanks Again

Add this string manually

ATAPI iHAS120 6

in

Main Menu -> Tools -> Drive -> Change Book Type ->click on the button 'Advanced' and select 'Lite-On' in the drop down list, then insert the string and you're done after you clicked 'OK'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.