Tray Ejecting Options?

Malice_Unarmed

Hi, I have a Sony external burner and when the tray is open it must be manually closed, it cant retract itself which I dunno why it was made like that but its a solid burner. I was wondering if there is an option to prevent tray from opening after burn process. When I burn data I want to verify it but the tray ejects after burning making it so I have to manually close it myself for it to start verifying which is a little annoying when burning 10-15 DVD's a day. I was using Nero before and the tray would stay closed from burning to verify but I am running Windows 7 now and Nero keeps failing no matter what I try to burn. I like IMGBurn much more and have used it for a long time on my second computer.

If there isn't an option I'd like to suggest it for the upcoming release.

Thank you, much <3

Edited by Malice_Unarmed

Hi and welcome to the forum, Malice_Unarmed! :)

In the settings you can disable the option 'Cycle Tray Before Verify'.

settings04.png

CD/DVD recorders (and modern CD/DVD-ROM drives) have a chunk of RAM that holds blocks read from the disc. Some drives provide a way to clear this out, some don't.

All drives need to have their block cache cleared out after writing completes and before disc verification begins. If this weren't done, the files being verified could be read out of the block cache instead of from the disc itself, defeating the purpose of the verification pass. Also, some CD/DVD recorders need to have their recording buffers explicitly cleared between the "test" and "write" passes.

The most reliable, 100%-guaranteed-to-work approach is to eject the disc and re-insert it. Watching your CD/DVD tray open and close can be startling at first, but in general it's harmless.

Curios. What model of burner is it that you have?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.