Local man burning trash falls asleep into the fire!

dbminter

It was on the local news tonight. A local man was burning trash in his lawn. From there, the story gets strange. The news just listed it as the man at some point "lost consciousness and fell into the flames, setting himself ablaze." As strange and even hilarious as this story is, it, unfortunately, ended with the man dying of his burns. :( As tragic as it is, still, though, I can't help but think this guy deserves a Darwin Award nomination.

http://www.wtvw.com/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1862

Spottsville man dies from his injuries by Kelly Quinn

Fox 7 has learned that a Spottsville, Kentucky man burned in a fire has died. David Miles was life-flighted to the University of Louisville hospital burn unit Friday.

Witnesses say he was burning trash in his backyard when he apparently lost consciousness and fell into the fire - leaving burns over 90% of his body. The blaze burned out of control and caught a building on fire. It took Spottsville fire crews over an hour to contain the blaze.

Miles has succumbed to his injuries.

Notice "Spottsville man dies from his injuries by Kelly Quinn" Now, of course, the meant the story itself is by Kelly Quinn, local news co-anchor. But, the way it appears, it's like they're saying Kelly Quinn CAUSED the man's injuries. :)

Yup, that's right, I just upped and walked away.

:whatever:

still not as good as the guy who was trying to kill a mouse threw it in a fire the mouse caught fire ran back in his house and burned it down :lol:

It turned out that the man lied about the mouse causing the fire. I don't remember exactly what happened but the truth came out a day or two after the initial news story. mousecheese20gm.giffireout.gif

still not as good as the guy who was trying to kill a mouse threw it in a fire the mouse caught fire ran back in his house and burned it down :lol:

Heh reminds me of a story my old neighbours told us. The put a whole lot of Cane Toads into a wheel burrow and poured petrol all over them. Lit a match and threw it in. A lot of them got out and hopped into the bushes lmao. Had to call the firies if I recall correctly :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.