Possible bug about correcting the filesystem

tom942

on a similar note...

when I add an avi in the build, I get the following message...

"Your image contains an 'AVI' in the root directory so i'm going to assume it's a divx video disc

Divx use 'ISO9660+Joliet' not 'ISO9660+UDF' as you have selected.

Do you want me to correct this for you?"

so you press yes...

then you press the build graphic to burn....

... and it asks you the above same question again!

i would hope having answered once, there's no need to ask me again...

hopefully u can fix this for 2.4.4.0

p.s occassionally, imgburn won't minimise either... doesn't happen all the time, but on occasions pressing minimise button does nothing...

closing and reopening usually fixes it...

It's prompting once because you've told it to auto calculate (which personally I hate).

Then it prompts you again when you actually go to create your image/burn.

There are a million and 1 things you could do between it calculating and you burning - as such, none of that gets remembered and it won't ever be.

As for the minimise issue, tell me exactly how to reproduce it and I'll look into it.

It's prompting once because you've told it to auto calculate (which personally I hate).

Then it prompts you again when you actually go to create your image/burn.

There are a million and 1 things you could do between it calculating and you burning - as such, none of that gets remembered and it won't ever be.

actually isn't it only prompting cos it thinks the file system is incompatible with whats being burned...

certainly 2.4.2.0 never asked me - so this is annoying for me... also seems to be no way to switch off this - much prefer if there was an option to make it automatic... i.e i'm burning a DVD, it auto sets it to the right file system; i'm burning a divx disc, it sets it to the appropriate file system...

As for the minimise issue, tell me exactly how to reproduce it and I'll look into it.

when I work out the cause, i'll let you know.

You said it's prompting twice... well if you don't 'Calculate' at all, it wouldn't only prompt you once between you adding the source files and burning your disc.

I made it so the proposed changed to options do not change the gui, they're made on the fly. (some were on the fly before, some weren't - it made sense to make it the same for everything).

I'm adding the option to have it optional between updating the gui and not, so that should cover how everyone wants it to work.

just a little update on the minimise problem....

i'm currently burning divx files and it won't minimise.... it seems to work fine when burning dvds, but when I burn divx and get the popup message boxes, it doesn't minimise... the minimise button is active, just not working....

i'll close it down at the end of the burn and see if it continues...

Beyond the popup box, there's no difference between burning different file types.

Right click the system tray button, what options do you see?

I don't have the minimise to tray option active (didn't notice it b4) - so can't really test that... I did try applying it in options, but it isn't minimising...

currently burning a DVD video... still refusing to minimise...

ok burn finished...

closed imgburn and reopened...

program now minimises to tray...

if I go to burn a dvd video, all seems fine (i.e can still minimise)...

but if I go to burn avi, I get the previously mentioned dialog box, press yes/no or cancel... at that point I can no longer minimise... the

only way to minimise is to close and reopen imgburn...

right-clicking on the tray icon gives me "Restore Imgburn" and "Exit" - with the first option just bringing it to the front... which as it can't

minimise has little effect..

just to mention that when adding only non-avi files to a build, there is no problem and minimises fine... its only when avi files are added and

the UDF/Joliet popup box appears that I then can't minimise...

I had installed 2.4.3.0 directly over the previous version... i've now uninstalled imgburn, check the directories were deleted and re-installed... rebooted the PC and tried it again...

first time I tried building an avi disc, imgburn locked... had to ctrl-alt-del to terminate it...

after another reboot, am now burning an avi disc... and can minimise during burn...

will keep an eye on this and let you know if it happens again..

Edited by janus

I think that I can now confirm this to be a bug...

added a folder containing an avi to a build, got the divx popup box... and can no longer minimise the program...

if i restart the program, burn a DVD video (video_ts folder), it will minimise fine... if I use a folder containing an avi, that's when the problem occurs...

i've done 3 burns this morning so far, all avi folders... the first didn't cause the popup box to appear (should have), the other two did...

the logs for all seem to imply they're being burned as UDF, not Joliet

I 11:55:47 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

the burn I did last night after re-installation was burned as Joliet according to the logs...

i've uploaded the log in case you need to look at them closely...

ImgBurn.log

Edited by janus

It only detects avi/divx files in the root directory - this is mentioned in the changelog.

If they're anywhere else (i.e. inside a folder), they'll go undetected.

then we have a second bug...

if I add a folder containing an avi, it gets detected... offers to change UDF to Joliet, but doesn't do so when burned...

the root folder is empty of any files, just sub-folders - the avi files are all in sub-folders...

if I add avi files to the root (no other directories), then as mentioned in the changelog (which I did glance at last night), it gets detected, offers to change... and does burn with Joliet...

hope that helps - but either way I can't minimise...

btw - i'm using XP SP3

Edited by janus

If you add 1 folder (containing avi/divx files) and call it the root, it becomes the root and then the code to check for avi/divx files in the root will see it.

If you add 1 folder (containing avi/divx files) and don't call it the root, it stays as a folder and the code to check for avi/divx files in the root will not see it.

So as far as I can see/tell, everything is working exactly as it should do.

If you add 1 folder (containing avi/divx files) and call it the root, it becomes the root and then the code to check for avi/divx files in the root will see it.

If you add 1 folder (containing avi/divx files) and don't call it the root, it stays as a folder and the code to check for avi/divx files in the root will not see it.

whoa... my head's spinning here... :teehee:

if there is one folder (containing avi files), with no files above it... then the root is empty - correct ?

ROOT

|

----- Folder 1

----- Folder 2

that being right, you're saying it shouldn't detect the avi files in the folder - but it does...

now if it doesn't at your end, then maybe there is a problem with the installation here...

If you only have 1 folder in the 'source' box, the program asks you (unless you tell it not to via the settings) if you want to make it the root folder or if you actually want that folder to be present in the root.

i.e.

Folder 1

|

----- File 1

----- File 2

Can either be:

Root

|

----- File 1

----- File 2

or

Root

|

----- Folder 1

------|

------|----- File 1

------|----- File 2

If you have 'Auto' Calculate enabled and are dragging in the folders 1 by 1, I can see why you're getting confused.

As soon as you add a 2nd folder to the 'Source' box, the entire 'to be the root or not to be the root' question goes out of the window (i.e. it no longer applies).

Both folders are then visible within the root and there's no chance of any files being in it - hence the check for avi/divx files in the root will fail.

Root

|

----- Folder 1

----- Folder 2

If you only have 1 folder in the 'source' box, the program asks you (unless you tell it not to via the settings) if you want to make it the root folder or if you actually want that folder to be present in the root.

aahh... I think that's where I came unstuck... previously, i've had the checkbox ticked in Build - "Don't Prompt Root Content" and I think "Yes" was ticked... in any event, it burned the discs as I wanted... nothing in root and the avi files in the folders...

with the clean installation, I lost all the previous settings.. so i've now updated the settings and got the checkbox ticked and "No" is also ticked - so at least I can now add folders without getting prompted... so far.

however, the first bug I mentioned is still there... if for any reason Imgburn detects an avi in root and gives me the popup UDF/Joliet prompt, then from that point on I can't minimise...

I know the avi root thing is mentioned in the changelog... but the minimise problem isn't - so i'm assuming its a bug...

btw - thanks for looking into this and being patient with me!

It's impossible for the avi/divx prompt thing to be causing the minimising issue you're talking about.

All the prompts for dvd video, hd dvd video, bd video, divx video and OS installation discs are exactly the same, just with different text. (and they're no different from the 3 thousand other messagebox api calls imgburn could make)

If one did it, they'd all do it.

in that case, i'll try installing it on the in-law's pc tomorrow... if it does the same there, i'll come back to you... if it doesn't, there it must be a quirk here - though god knows how to fix it as this is a new installation of 2.4.3.0..

Do not tie the minimising issue to any one type of content, it's nothing to do with it.

If the window won't minimise then it probably thinks it already is.

Borland programs are weird in that the taskbar button actually comes from a hidden window. When you minimise, that's the one that actually gets minimised and the others just go along with it.

This is why I mentioned earlier about right clicking on the taskbar button (only I accidently called it the system tray button - my bad!) and seeing which options are available.

If you can't minimise that main (as you know/see it) window, do that and tell me exactly what you see and which options are enabled / disabled.

It might also be worth checking if the log window can still be minimised when the main one can't.

I have been unable to reproduce it my end so really it's down to you to help me out.

Right clicking on the taskbar brings up no options though it does bring the program on top (like left clicking).

File System: ISO9660 + UDF

UDF revision: 1.02

Enabled:

Preserve Full Pathways

Recurse Subdirectories

Include Hidden Files

Include System Files

Disabled:

Include Archive Files Only

Clear Archive Attribute

...should be the defaults

Log window does minimise.

You welcome to VNC my comp if it helps...

Nope, no options at all.

Also when the file system is changed via the drop down menu in Options, it doesn't seem to change after the first time.

So if its changed from ISO9660 + UDF to ISO9660 + Joliet it changes but after that it doesn't seem to. Changing back to ISO9660 + UDF allowed avi selection without losing minimise, but the window asking for a change of file system to be confirmed didn't come up. So it looks like it doesn't change after the drop downs changed.

I'm on XP sp3 btw.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.