Sony DRU-820A

sillysally

If that's the case, I think this drive must use the Panasonic chipset rather than the Philips one that the 1620/40/50/55 do.

I guess that means it might be missing some of the normal BenQ features for scanning and in the new 'Advanced Settings' window.

Can you confirm this? :)

post-579-1141180785_thumb.png

If that's the case, I think this drive must use the Panasonic chipset rather than the Philips one that the 1620/40/50/55 do.

I guess that means it might be missing some of the normal BenQ features for scanning and in the new 'Advanced Settings' window.

Can you confirm this? :)

Yes the new Sony 820A uses the Panasonic chip set and yes you are right the 'Advanced Settings' will not work for this drive :(

And one more thing. When i updated to ImgBurn 1.2 my PIE went up. With IB 1.1 my PIE would stay about the same for the full burn on a R-9 but now i get a big jump in PIE starting at the LB (see attachment).

Do you think that something in ImgBurn 1.2 has something to do with the PIE?

Edited by sillysally

No software has anything to do with PIE/PIF stuff.

The program sends a 'Write' command and passes the drive the data, that's all it does. The drive and it's firmware controls how well it actually burns to the media.

Keep an eye on it if/when you burn any more and see if it really is consistently higher. Maybe alternate between 1.1.0.0 and 1.2.0.0 so you're comparing over a larger number of burns.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.