Ye olde bug: Remote Desktop hides "Operation Completed!" message

Falcon

Just thought I'd point out a small, but very much reproducible and somewhat annoying bug, in a Remote Desktop session with ImgBurn...

When running ImgBurn in a full screen remote desktop session and you let the burn continue while the session is minimized on the client computer, then you restore it to see what it's doing, the "Operation successfully completed!" message is on the screen for a split second before the screen redraws and the dialog box gets pushed behind the main ImgBurn window... and it can't be clicked! >_<

Only way to get back the dialog box is to alt-tab away and back to ImgBurn, which seems to put the dialog in the right position again. Unfortunately, sometimes (like running in a window) you can't do alt-tab in an RDC session, so... I'd be stuck :P

Just a thought... congrats on the new version too! Looks great :thumbup:

This is something I've encountered before, but, never to the point where the box couldn't be clicked. In fact, when ImgBurn is in the background, that box seems to more often than not become under the rest of the ImgBurn window. But, as was said, I never brought it up since I was relatively certain it was an API thing and nothing could be done about it.

I don't have Remote Desktop enabled so I've never encountered where it can't be clicked.

Well, what happens (and I encountered it countless times while trying to perfect my XP disc) is that when I bring the full-screen session back up, there's ImgBurn sitting there with the "Operation completed!" dialog on top, but as soon as I can see it, Windows redraws all the windows, and the ImgBurn main screen gets put on top of the dialog, but can't be clicked (it just ding-ding-ding-ding's at you when you try clicking it). For some reason, the only way to get the dialog back (to click OK) is to actually alt-tab to ImgBurn (which, according to Alt-Tab's behavior, wasn't already the active app). Can't fix it with the taskbar button... but if there's a gap between the main window and the log window, sometimes I can click the dialog back into view that way.

Really a horribly minor problem, and probably not even fixable (nor worth fixing), but... document everything! It's always worth being Googleable ;)

edit: Eur, I already said that... :teehee:

Edited by Falcon

So then the ImgBurn main window is not the active one and it's hiding/partially hiding/overlaying the operation completed window?

Yep. I'm not at a computer I can test it with right now, but I know that when it does occur, the ImgBurn window for some reason can't be activated, because the dialog box is what's supposed to be the active "window". Since the dialog is up, though, it makes clicking on the main ImgBurn window go "ding" and won't let me click it. =(

(edit: If I click the main window - which is all that's visible on screen since the Operation Completed box is now behind it - nothing happens, it just "ding"'s at me and doesn't transfer focus to the main ImgBurn window.)

I haven't tried pressing Enter, though... I'll have to try that when I get home :thumbup:

Edited by Falcon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.