Verbatim DVD+R DL burn failure

leoliver

Hi Everyone,

Today I was attempting to burn to a Verbatim DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) . These are the recommended dual layer disc's for using with ImgBurn. I have successfully used these disc's in the past with both Nero and ImgBurn. And today was the first burn failure I've had with these disc's.

It is also the first time I used the new ImgBurn 2.4.3.0 version on my Win XP Pro SP3 computer. I have had successful burns with #2.4.2.0 . And I un-installed that version with Revo uninstaller and deleted any leftover files from the prior version , before installing the latest version.

One other issue was different with the failed burn, I changed my drive device ID from "SONY DVD RW DRU-720A_JY08" to "SONY DVD RW DRU-720A" so I could try and permanently change the book type settings. I made a previous post about this issue , see : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9791 . And as I described in that post , the old setting is still showing up in the ImgBurn "Device" window. I don't know if that problem was the cause of the burn failure or not. I do know that something went wrong with this burn that wasn't a issue in the past.

I'm attaching the log with this post . It seems to say that the failure reason was "W 12:27:49 Failed to Write Sectors 992640 - 992671 - Reason: Invalid Address For Write "

Feedback on this issue will be appreciated.

Failure_04_05_09.log

Edited by leoliver

Looks to me as an 'ordinary' write error. Perhaps a cleaning disc might help.

You were 100% correct about my drive needing a cleaning. I cleaned it with a " Maxell DVD Lens Cleaner " , and then I used another Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x disc , which then resulted in a successful burn . Problem solved.

Sucessful_burn.log

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.