Layer break Question

skutny

When I check layer break location in IFOEdit or PGCEdit is the layer break before or after where it states?

i.e. is it before or after Cell 36 as per attachment?

Thanks in advance, and forgive the newbie

skutny

For some reason I was not able to insert the attachment.

Edited by skutny

When I check layer break location in IFOEdit or PGCEdit is the layer break before or after where it states?

i.e. is it before or after Cell 36 as per attachment?

Thanks in advance, and forgive the newbie

skutny

For some reason I was not able to insert the attachment.

If you're looking at the .IFO file in IfoEdit, look for the cell in the main title set that has "layer br" next to it. Now look at the cell above it, and look at the cumulative playing time. In playing time terms, the layer break will occur right at that cumulative time figure. I routinely take burned dual layer DVDs to one of my pickier DVDs (when changing layers) to test them out. I jump to a time about 15 seconds before that point and watch what happens when it hits the layer break. If it gets past it, and I can rewind back and it goes past again, I know I got a good layer transition.

To answer you question the way you asked it. it's BEFORE the cell that shows the actual flag. Or, another way to think about it is that the cell that shows the flag has the layer break directly before it, which puts the cell showing the flag on the second layer, as LUK stated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.