DVD-RAM disc burning

IINON

I need a help to resolve this issue.

I have burnt the DVD Video movie onto the DVD-RAM disc with the ImgBurn software two different ways.

1. "Write" the .ISO file from my computer's hard drive onto the blank DVD-RAM disc, 2. "Build" the DVD Video files VIDEO_TS in my hard drive onto the DVD-RAM disc. Neither way did the Panasonic DVD Recorder (RAM media supported) recognize the finished disc. However, both methods are tried on the DVD-R disc, and I have no problem playing back the finished discs. Does not ImgBurn application software support the RAM disc?

The problem is that the Panasonic DVD recorder wants DVD-RAM discs in a special format, and as such, they don't recognize DVD-Video content burned on DVD-RAM discs.

By the way, ImgBurn can read and burn all the formats supported by your burner (if you're in doubt look in Tools menu -> Drive -> Capabilities).

I need a help to resolve this issue.

I have burnt the DVD Video movie onto the DVD-RAM disc with the ImgBurn software two different ways.

1. "Write" the .ISO file from my computer's hard drive onto the blank DVD-RAM disc, 2. "Build" the DVD Video files VIDEO_TS in my hard drive onto the DVD-RAM disc. Neither way did the Panasonic DVD Recorder (RAM media supported) recognize the finished disc. However, both methods are tried on the DVD-R disc, and I have no problem playing back the finished discs. Does not ImgBurn application software support the RAM disc?

The Panasonic DVD-RAM recordings (videos) made with their TV/Tuner/Recorder units

like the DMR-85 etc. are stored in a directory called "DVD_RTAV"

In that directory the Panasonic recorder puts three files:

"VR_MANGR.BUP"

"VR_MANGR.IFO"

"VR_MOVIE.VRO"

The VRO file can be copied to a hard disk, then renamed with a VOB extension

to become VR_MOVIE.VOB and you can play that file with a video player program.

I have not done extensive research on this, but I made the mistake of renaming

the VRO file on the RAMDISK itself to VOB, and even after naming it back to

.VRO the RAMDISK would no longer play on the Panasonic DVR recorder.

I just bought a SONY drive for my DELL laptop that can read/write RAMDISKS

so am just beginning to do further experimenting with RAMDISK writing.

In the meantime, it is VERY helpful if you want a video from a Pana DMR-EH

on your hard disk, to edit it, convert it, etc., just use DUBBING function to move the

file from the hard disk on the Panasonic recorder to the RAMDISK, then bring

the RAMDISK to your computer (with RAMDRIVE CD/RW hardware) and

copy the VRO file, rename it with .VOB extension, and use the resulting VOB

file.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

The problem is that the Panasonic DVD recorder wants DVD-RAM discs in a special format, and as such, they don't recognize DVD-Video content burned on DVD-RAM discs.

By the way, ImgBurn can read and burn all the formats supported by your burner (if you're in doubt look in Tools menu -> Drive -> Capabilities).

Thanks, mmalves, for your prompt suggestion.

Do you mean that if I somehow convert the DVD-Video format to DVD-VR format for the .ISO file in my computer hard drive, I'll be ok for Panasonic Recorder to play the RAM disc?

iinon

If you can find a way, yes, it should work. Look in your recorder's manual to see if it indeed uses DVD-VR or some other proprietary format.

The recorder manual does say it is a DVD-VR format.

Then, my next question is what kind of the application software (free, hopefully) converts the DVD-Video format to DVD-VR format. Thanks.

iinon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.