Please help!

ethatweb

What type of files are you attempting to burn?

ImgBurn burns disc images.

So you would need something like an ISO, IMG, BIN etc file.

If you don't have one of those, you need to search google for guides on how to make one from the files you DO have.

I simply tried to burn some photo and mpg files for retention. Do I need to convert those files to your suggested formats first? If it is, it might be too complicated to me...

Thanks.

I simply tried to burn some photo and mpg files for retention. Do I need to convert those files to your suggested formats first? If it is, it might be too complicated to me...

Until Lightning_UK! adds these and other goodies for us to play with, I suggest a tool called Folder2ISO. What it does is grabs the contents of a directory (folder) and adds them to an ISO image which ImgBurn was designed to work with. It?s a very basic and simple program to operate. (It?s technically a graphical user interface (a window with stuff you can click on) for an ISO creation tool called ?mkisofs? but that?s not important). Find Folder2ISO @ the link below. It?s very easy to use and would suit your needs perfectly, I think.

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/Software/Folder2Iso.html

Until Lightning_UK! adds these and other goodies for us to play with, I suggest a tool called Folder2ISO. What it does is grabs the contents of a directory (folder) and adds them to an ISO image which ImgBurn was designed to work with. It?s a very basic and simple program to operate. (It?s technically a graphical user interface (a window with stuff you can click on) for an ISO creation tool called ?mkisofs? but that?s not important). Find Folder2ISO @ the link below. It?s very easy to use and would suit your needs perfectly, I think.

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/Software/Folder2Iso.html

I got it done! Ha ha...it's indeed very easy to use. I appreciate you very much for kind instructions.

Thanks.

Yeah, this is just a disc image (ISO) burning tool at the moment.

The ability to burn a bunch of files etc will be added soon.

Probably best you stick to Nero / Roxio.

At the very beginning I was not smart enough, I have learned how to use it now.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the "Invalid or Unsupported Image File Format" error as well.

I've tried burning an *.img, *.iso file but it keeps giving me this error.

When i try and burn them with Nero everything works fine.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and a Plextor 708A.

Can someone give me some help with this?

Must be odd ISO images then as I've never come across that problem yet.

What sort of data do you expect them to contain?

Is the a 'normal' filesystem within the image? i.e. ISO9660, Joliet, UDF ?

It's an image from a dvd that I ripped with dvd shrink.

As for the log.. well can't get a log if it won't open the image so that I can burn it I'm afraid.

Going to try a new windows install. cuz even Daemon tools can't open images... When I mount one windows comes up with an empty disc. So my guess is that something in Windows is messing everything up.

I'll let you know if it's working with a re-installed windows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.