Maximum number of secrets

dbminter

Was anything ever decided in concrete what causes this? Because now I have it and can't get ImgBurn to work. I am pretty sure it DID work once on one of my past partitions. I will start restoring down each one and seeing if it's something I am installing that causes it. But, in the meantime, I was wondering if there ever was a concrete answer for this "problem."

Thanks!

I use ZoneAlarm and it is up to date. Last updated on the 18th. Last AV scan was the 14th. Last AS scan was the 17th. I recall seeing some people saying it's a virus but someone saying it wasn't. Now since I have it and there's indication of an infection on my system, it is probably something else. Especially since I believe I HAD it working once on this new system, but, I no longer have that partition. So, I'll start testing partitions.

Looks like getting rid of that root kit also fixed another problem I was encountering. On start, Firefox was putting a DLL with some kind of Adware in it in the TEMP directory. ZoneAlarm found it each time. But, after removing the root kit files, that stopped, too. :)

Ah so the AVG thing will cure it too... that's nice to know.

I still like DrWeb CureIt though :)

I only went with AVG because in one of those threads, someone said they used it to cure it. I figure why not go with something I know works. :)

I always use multiple virus scaners just to be sure, I still don't think its worth forking out money for protectors such as Norton when they're are progrmas that do it for free. I use X soft Spy Ne I which i think for virus scanner is one of the quickest most reliable out there, however you do pay for that one =\ Personally i use Spybot search and destroy and avg atm. I also ccleaner just to clear out temporary files/internet cache etc...

(Some more of my pointless information XD, i feel like a lil old man) lolz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.