ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

ImgBurn hangs on erasing R/W discs

Forum Rules

Read the Guides forum if you don't know how to do something. :readbook:
If you have a question or a problem, check the FAQ and use the Search to see if you can find the answer for yourself. :lightbulb:
If you're having trouble burning double layer media, read Here.
Still stuck? Create a new thread and describe your issue in detail.
Make sure you include a copy of the program's log in your post. No log = :chair:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 duckegg

duckegg

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:56 AM

When IB erases a disk prior to writing an iso image, it never continues to the next step writing an iso image to disk, Nor will it allow me to intervene and take back control.
Every time I wait for the disc to stop spinning and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to invoke Windows task Manager to force IB to quit.
Then I re-run IB to write the iso file. This invariably carries out OK which proves the delete has actually occured!!

I Am using v. 2.5.0.0 on Win XP, but it did the same with the last version also.

Otherwise, a great programme!

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

It might hang (or what you think is a hang) on your machine but it's certainly not a bug with ImgBurn or we'd all suffer from it - and we don't.

Post something useful like a log file.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 duckegg

duckegg

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

It might hang (or what you think is a hang) on your machine but it's certainly not a bug with ImgBurn or we'd all suffer from it - and we don't.

Post something useful like a log file.

I 00:48:45 Operation Started!
I 00:48:45 Device: [0:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.18 (S:) (ATA)
I 00:48:45 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: MKM-A02-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)
I 00:48:45 Quick Erase: No
I 00:48:45 Format Properly: Yes
I 00:48:45 Format Size: Preferred
I 00:48:45 Erasing Disc...

#4 Cynthia

Cynthia

ISF Newbie

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

There is a later firmware for that drive.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Pioneer/DVR-115D/files.html

Have you tried with another brand of RWs?

How long do yo wait until you kill the process. That format process should take around 15 minutes.

Posted Image

#5 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

You can also press F8 during the format to see if commands are still being sent to and processed by the drive - they'll scroll up in the Log window.

If they aren't then your entire I/O system has messed up somewhere. That could be due to something like bad controller drivers or a bad filter driver.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users