Help! MP3 tracks are out of order

Metalhead Jay

Hi,

Ok, this is my problem and I hope you guys can help. I usually just make a "cue file" for a bunch of MP3's to play on my regular home stereo system. My Home system can't play MP3's but putting them in a "Cue file" allows them to play on my home system. However, with "Cue", I can only get a few tracks that will fill up the 80 minutes of time on the cd. Well, my car stereo can actually play Mp3's without a "Cue"(you know, just using "build" mode and filling it up). If I'm burning a disc with all 320k Mp3's, I figure I can get around 70 or more tracks(around 7 albums)as opposed to the "Cue", I have to use for the home system where I'm lucky if I can get two albums on a disc.

Well, recently I did this. I had around 7 albums(around 80 tracks) and I loaded them all in and burnt the disc(album after album). All the tracks were burnt to the disc but here's the problem..they were completely out of order! They may have been in alphabetical order, I'm not too sure. How do I keep them in order for how I list them? Any help would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks!

Jay

To keep them in order you have to rename them and put numbers in front of the names so it shows like

01 Artist - Song.mp3

02 Artist - Song.mp3

09 Artist - Song.mp3

10 Artist - Song.mp3

99 Artist - Song.mp3

If you have more than 99 songs, use three digit numbers 001, 002...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.