Imgburn 2.5.4.0 and Nero 10 HD Conflict

bobmitch

I just had to uninstall Imgburn 2.5.4.0 because it caused burn issues with Nero Burning ROM 10. To further elaborate. I have TWO optical drives. D is an LG UH10LS20 and E is a Pioneer BDR-205. When I burn multisession with the LG...I have no issues at all burning. When I burn using the Pioneer...I get a Write In straight to Write Out...and a burn failure...every time. I just did a fresh re-install of my OS, thinking that something else was wrong and then encountered the issue again today. I have been monitoring behavior each and every step in the reinstallation...and got it down to Imgburn. Once I uninstalled 2.5.4.0, I was able to burn to the Pioneer with CD, DVD and Blu Ray again...

Something in Imgburn is causing a conflict with Nero Burning ROM HD Suite 10...in particular the Nero Burning ROM module...

Very odd...but I can duplicate it over and over again. I have been using Imgburn as the burn engine in DVDFab 8

Thank You

Bob Mento

Well...I have to tell you...that in order to keep using Imgburn and Nero side by side...I just had to back install 2.5.2.0 and now Nero 10 will burn to the Pioneer. I am burning as I type. When I reinstall 2.5.4.0...nada...

It is a pretty clear case...

Just to see if I am crazy...upgraded to 2.5.4.0 with 2.5.2.0 already there and Nero will burn with 2.5.4.0 installed. If I uninstall 2.5.4.0 and then clean from the registry...and reinstall straight to 2.5.4.0, then I get a conflict and Nero 10 writes lead in ...straight to lead out and fails. It is odd...but I can make it happen. So I have chosen the following. I install 2.5.2.0 and set it up to work properly with DVDFab. Then in install 2.5.4.0 on top of it and the settings are imported...all works. Just some FYI

P.S. It only happens when I burn to the Pioneer. Nothing is effected with the LG...

Edited by bobmitch

Spoke too soon. After doing the upgrade...I rebooted...failed write again. Now to uninstall 2.5.4.0 and reinstall 2.5.2.0 and try again...I will post back

Getting increasingly wierd by the minute. Uninstalled 2.5.4.0 and went back to 2.5.2.0, which has always worked for me....now the issue exists with that version too. Nero caches the files to burn...does write in and then the read buffer empties and failed burn. In order to get Nero to work, I had to uninstall Imgburn totally and leave out. Possible culprit could also be Kaspersky. When installing Imgburn...asks if Trusted...I say yes and installation goes properly. Once I reboot...Nero won't write to the Pioneer...only the LG. This is very very wierd indeed!!!!

Disabled Kaspersky and reinstalled 2.5.2.0...Nero is burning. Will update to 2.5.4.0 next with Kaspersky off and see what happens

With Kaspersky disabled...reinstalled 2.5.4.0 and everything works fine. Burned with no bad consequences. So then I rebooted...re-enabled Kaspersky and did another burn with Nero...success.

Moral of the story...Kaspersky was not letting things write to the registry properly. In the past...when I do clean install...Antivirus was always last. Here...Imgburn was and paid the price. Seems to all be working now. Anything else happens...I will post back

Edited by bobmitch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.