Liteon iHAS124 + Burner Max FW = limited to 4x burn speed?

saito

Hi,

I tried to burn at 6x speed with some MKM003 discs but no matter what write speed I choose the max. write rate is at 4x and never above. Also the verification fails after the burning process but thats not the point. It seems that there is kind of limit in the software (ImgBurn 2.5.6) or Burner Max FW of the burner that limits the write speed for DL discs to 4x. Is this correct? I tried different settings in ImgBurn but always the same: the write rate never rises above 4x no matter what burning speed I select. Any idea how I could burn with a higher speed than 4x?

Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to disable this options so that the burner burns at the selected speed? If I select 4x write speed everything is fine and the write rate is constant at 4x but as soon as I choose sth above 4x the write rate swings between 2x and 4x and the result is a non working disc :-( Never had such problems with my Samsung burner and 6x write speed on the same verbatim discs.

Hey,

thanks for the hint! I didn't know that the MKM-003-00 is renamed in the custom fw so that the write strategy is messed up for that media. I corrected the name in the cfw, reflashed the fw and enabled 'Force HyperTuning' and 'Online HyperTuning'. The result is 6x burning with pretty good quality:

Model : 4-0-0-0 J:ATAPI iHAS124 B AL0S

Disc : DVD+R DL , MKM003 [Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation]

Scanned range : 0 - 3827484

Sampling count : 224963

Errors : 0

PI Max : 40

PI Average : 0,63

PI Total : 17623

PIF Max : 4

PIF Average : 0,05

PIF Total : 1525

Keep up the good work! :-)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.