Imgburn error with 306 Nvidia drivers.

Fluffbutt

No log - it's irrelevant, see below.

Imgburn pops up an error when you close it (about 3 seconds after you click close).

It shows a fault in the nvinit.dll.

I've fixed it by setting it in the nvidia control panel to default use nvidia gpu to run, rather than auto select.

I accept that this is not an imgburn problem (although the error pops up on ImgBurn exit, and nothing else I have does this error).

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea why it's doing this. I'll post this in the nvidia forums too, see what happens.

Thanks.

It doesn't do it on my machine and I'm running 306.23. Actually, I've run all of the beta and whql drivers they've released in as long as I can remember and don't recall ever seeing such a problem. I'm on Win 7 SP1 x64 if that matters.

What sort of error box are you seeing? A basic Windows one or the special one that ImgBurn normally pops up when it crashes (where you can then opt to send me a bug report) ?

It the standard windows error about "this program has stopped working" about 3-5 seconds after I click exit. The one that offer to check online and close or just close.

It has the "more details" button which opens the box to show the error in the nvinit.dll file.

Thanks for the reply. It's appearing that it is a fault in the driver - The auto (Optimus) switching. Whwen i set it to NV or Intel directly it works - it's only the auto select that doesn't.

Now that I know that you haven't had anything like it, I'll hound the Nv forums a bit. Thanks mate!

Oh, forgot to add - I'm on W7 x64 no sp1.

Edited by Fluffbutt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.