ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

OpenCandy installs malware!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 letryst

letryst

ISF Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I feel deceived. Your app was once clean of any adware and was very efficient. So I installed your last version being confident, I unchecked the request for installing an add bar and went on with the express install since the advanced install appeared greyed out.

Without any request popup Opencandy installed Delta Search which hijacked IE, Firefox and Chrome and Browser Defender which installed a service at startup. Delta Search was a real pain to remove.

Looking at the forums I am not the only one feeling deceived. 

I hope you will ban OpenCandy or at least warn clearly the users before installing it, meanwile I will find an alternative to ImgBurn.

#2 spinningwheel

spinningwheel

It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't...Period.

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

Since this is your first post and all... :bye3:

spinner : >)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a ride

http://www.facebook.com/brunswicksmokers

We do not discuss ripping here. If you need help with that, Google it...if you can't accept that, move on!

#3 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,571 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

There is no 'express' option in imgburn's installation process. If that's what you saw then it was for an opencandy product offering.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users