Layer Break Positioning (SPLIP)

notec1

SPLIP is what you might know as the "layer break flag". It indicates the break in the playback is either not noticeable (seamless = yes) or non-seamless (no). Most cells are seamless, they play merrily without a little pause. At the layerbreak, there is usually a little pause when you change layers to allow time for the laser to adjust its focus to layer 1. As well, at the LB, sometimes audio buffers run out.

However, recent research shows that you may not HAVE to have it as non-seamless and experience that horrible pause. You need to experiment and see.

If you know for sure your players can play seamless layer breaks, tick seamless layer break. Otherwise, make them standard non-seamless layerbreaks and live with the pause.

There is an excellent thread on this at doom9 started by Jamos in the IFO/VOB Editors section in connection with PgcEdit's implementation of Seamless Layer Break. See here.

Regards

• 9 months later...
SPLIP is what you might know as the "layer break flag". It indicates the break in the playback is either not noticeable (seamless = yes) or non-seamless (no). Most cells are seamless, they play merrily without a little pause. At the layerbreak, there is usually a little pause when you change layers to allow time for the laser to adjust its focus to layer 1. As well, at the LB, sometimes audio buffers run out.

However, recent research shows that you may not HAVE to have it as non-seamless and experience that horrible pause. You need to experiment and see.

If you know for sure your players can play seamless layer breaks, tick seamless layer break. Otherwise, make them standard non-seamless layerbreaks and live with the pause.

There is an excellent thread on this at doom9 started by Jamos in the IFO/VOB Editors section in connection with PgcEdit's implementation of Seamless Layer Break. See here.

Regards

Which means..I do not necessary have to experience the little pause even if I burn my dual layer DVDs with non-seamless layer breaks?

Coz so far I have not experience any pause from the dual layer DVD's ive burnt..and all of them are burnt with non-seamless layer breaks

Edited by deejay220989

That is quite surprising, as making a cell non-seamless (even if it is muxed seamlessly, as the cells would be) generally gives a noticeable and irritating effect.

Regards

That is quite surprising, as making a cell non-seamless (even if it is muxed seamlessly, as the cells would be) generally gives a noticeable and irritating effect.

Regards

Ive burnt a dual layer DVD last year..with Nero and my player cant play it >< but my friend's player is able to play that DVD...

So I'm guessing that my player doesnt support seamless LB

Depending where those warnings are, this may not be a LB issue. They can be anywhere on the disk, so you'd need to examine the DVD structure to determine this. Sounds like a media thing though. Maybe you got a bad disk.

Regards

• 1 year later...

Regards

Hi

i still dont understand whats it all about this SPLIP. Why is the splip flag always only set at the average layer breaks? so when i pick one of the average its a seamless lb? and by activating the seamless option i can also make the ones seamless where the splip flag is set to NO ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.