Please ditch opencandy - another voice

niteowl01

Hi,

I'd like to add my voice to the issue of the opencandy wrapper for imgburn.  I agree with the many other comments, all along the same lines:

1. imgburn is one of the best utilities of it's kind and worth support

2. using opencandy is an extraordinarily poor decision and will result in loosing users and supporters

The reason number 2 is true is the trust factor:  If I can't trust a developer or product not to slam my machine with unwanted malware/adware, no matter how much I like the developer/product - I just won't use it, nor any other products from the same source.

Like most semi-experienced users, I know I may have to carefully select subtly disguised opt-outs when downloading software (even though I consider this ambush tactic rude and unprofessional).  However, if I can end up having crap like opencandy installed on my PC without either a) a very clear warning before the download so I can cancel if I want to or, B) an ability to prevent it at install - this is completely inexcusable.

I should never, ever, be put in the position of having anything installed on my PC without giving my express permission.  Anything less is, well, untrustworthy - a cardinal sin for a developer.

To the developer - I love your product, I like your humor, I HATE your choice to infect me with opencandy.  Please, please, reconsider this foolish decsion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.