cannot set the layer break

luciano

hi i'm just new in this forum and i wanted to burn my image.dvd for my xbox 360 and i received this error message : "cannot set the layer break position when burning dvd-r dl media in dao mode " (i set the layer break to1913760 and everything looked fine) i tried to burn it anyway but the dvd is not recognized in my xbox so this is the fourth dvd wasted is anybody can help me please?

As donta said the DVD-R DLs are near enough useless unless the original layer break happens to be in the exact same position as the fixed layer break on the blank media.....

Do as donta said return em as shite and get Verbatim DVD+R DL's....

As donta said the DVD-R DLs are near enough useless unless the original layer break happens to be in the exact same position as the fixed layer break on the blank media.....

well i just ordered + r verbatim , ok guys this forum is great : in france nobody wanted to answer me : i hate frenchies..

• 3 weeks later...

well i just ordered + r verbatim , ok guys this forum is great : in france nobody wanted to answer me : i hate frenchies..

I've had good results with Memorex media which is made by Ritek "RITEK-D01-01" but better quality then their own RiData line, "RITEKG04" & RITEKG05". They have a dark purple unlike the Ritek's I've had problems with. RiData's are at about 10% failure for any media type, I forget the disk ID fro their DL ones. The Maxell's I have say RITEKG04 for their descriptor ID.

I had 8 of 10 Verbatim DL's fail "MKM-001-00" but only 4 of 50 SL ones "MCC 02RG20" fail. I've had similar results with PlayO, only more extreme, 20 for 20 DL failures "RICOH00-?00-01" and maybe 4-5 out of 50 for their SL ones "MCC 03RG20" and half of those were from a BSOD during a burn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.