ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

How to do a simple disc copy ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 machser

machser

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

I would like to do a simple disc copy with Imgburn, is that possible ?
Plextor PX-760A (ATA), Master on 2nd IDE-channel, 80pin cable master plug, 32bit in BIOS enabled, DMA chosen in WinXP Pro SP2+

#2 spinningwheel

spinningwheel

It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't...Period.

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hi,

I would like to do a simple disc copy with Imgburn, is that possible ?

ImgBurn is a file burning program, therefore it doesn't copy. You will need to get the image to your HDD and for that I would suggest you use Google and search for what you want to do. :thumbup:

spinner : >)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a ride

http://www.facebook.com/brunswicksmokers

We do not discuss ripping here. If you need help with that, Google it...if you can't accept that, move on!

#3 machser

machser

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

Any recommendations for the best imager ?
does one know if copy-modus (1:1 or 1:image) is going to be realized in ImgBurn near future ?
Plextor PX-760A (ATA), Master on 2nd IDE-channel, 80pin cable master plug, 32bit in BIOS enabled, DMA chosen in WinXP Pro SP2+

#4 MarkC

MarkC

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

Isobuster can do it, so can a few other Cd/Dvd Burners like CdBurnerXPPro, just google for them. There was a previous discussion related to this here, post 16 by DudeBoyz listed a few, though my personal favorite is IsoPuzzle.

And 2.2 is coming when it's ready, I think it also might solve your problem, if the hints dropped about the upcoming new features are anything to go by.

HTH

Edited by MarkC, 13 February 2007 - 07:25 PM.

#5 machser

machser

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hi MarkC,

thank you for your time and suggestions!
IsoPuzzle just crashed on this system...and Imgburn 2.2 is being installed a few mins ago and it seems as it does what I searched for :)

#6 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

ImgBurn is good like that - you might even want to make a donation to Lightning UK! :)

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#7 MarkC

MarkC

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

Hi MarkC,

thank you for your time and suggestions!
IsoPuzzle just crashed on this system...and Imgburn 2.2 is being installed a few mins ago and it seems as it does what I searched for :)

If you wouldn't mind, could you pop a post over at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114815 to describe what happened? Marsoupilamis would probably appreciate the details so he can fix it if the fault is in IsoPuzzle.

But it's great that ImgBurn handles this now as well, and I was right about 2.2 coming soon, I was only 4 hours early :teehee:

Thanks,?and?thanks?again?LUK

Mark

#8 scuzzy

scuzzy

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:05 AM

does one know if copy-modus (1:1 or 1:image) is going to be realized in ImgBurn

it's great that ImgBurn handles this now as well

erm ... LUK! can answer best of course, but although ImgBurn reads data discs now I don't think the new 'read' mode does the "bitwise" 1:1 copy that some other programs do, if that's what you were wanting. That is, it can't read an audio disc - I just tried, and it says "Disc Not Supported (Audio)". Disclaimer: I've only just started looking at V2.2.0.0 - and I don't really know what I'm talking about :whistling: ... I just know audio CDs (CDDA) have a different format defined by the Red Book specification, and presumably that's not "visible" to the read method that ImgBurn is using.

LUK!: is that anything like correct, or am I talking rubbish :lookaround: :unsure: ?

#9 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,314 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

You're talking rubbish ;)

Sector by sector is a 1:1 copy and that's exactly what ImgBurn does.

The fact that it doesn't read multi session / track discs doesn't mean it's not a proper 1:1.

I just stop it reading those discs because:

1. It can't write them
2. You need some sort of CUE (or MDS) style file to hold the info about which tracks starts where within the image file.

It just wasn't worth making it support Audio discs, there's too much else that would have to go with it - i.e. mp3 support etc and that's not really what I'm interested in.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#10 bootsector

bootsector

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

Hi LUK!

After reading your post, I just got a couple of doubts:

:. Is ImgBurn able to burn those RAW CD image files (.bin/.cue) generated by ISOBuster?

:. In case of a positive answer to the question above, is it too much complicated to implement a RAW .bin/.cue file image output in Read mode (so it could be written back using ImgBurn itself)?

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Best regards,

bootsector
Posted Image <--- C'mon, help LUK! on improving this great tool! ;)

Take your time to visit my website as well:
http://www.brunofreitas.com/

#11 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,314 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

It depends on if the 'bin' is actually a multi session / track image.

If it's not, ImgBurn will burn it just fine.

There's no point in me making ImgBurn read something I know it won't write back again. So until (if ever) I support multiple tracks etc, it'll stay as it is.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#12 bootsector

bootsector

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:35 AM

Great! :thumbup:

Thanks for explaining, LUK!

Best regards,

bootsector
Posted Image <--- C'mon, help LUK! on improving this great tool! ;)

Take your time to visit my website as well:
http://www.brunofreitas.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users