ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Multisession Disk

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 ol'lo

ol'lo

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:45 AM

Thanks LUK for this great app. It has almost every feature which you can ask for...and then some more. But I was unable to find the option for making multisession disk or importing previous sessions!! Is there an option to do so or not?? I'm sorry if this query has been posted before.

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,021 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

There isn't one.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 ol'lo

ol'lo

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:48 AM

There isn't one.

Are there any plans of implementing it in any future versions?? As the storage capacity of optical media in increasing, this feature will be of great help.

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,021 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:39 AM

That all depends on how you like to work.

I personally have no need for multisession and actually don't like it much. If I want to burn something, I'll burn enough to fill a disc or burn to a rewritable. If I need to add more, I'll just burn it all again - but then it's my own fault for not remembering that extra bit in the first place.

If I can't wait the extra few mins to burn the disc again (CDs/DVDs are for archival purposes so there should never be a rush), I'd use a memory stick - in fact, I almost always use a memory stick over cd/dvd.

So in short, I don't know when (if ever) it'll be implemented. Sorry.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#5 ol'lo

ol'lo

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

You are right. Even I don't like it much. But I'm talking about the bigger disks like HD-DVDs and BRDs. You have to reserve 25GB of disk space just to have enough data to completely fill up the disk. And if there is a disk crash or some other accident....everything's gone!!! Now you may say that its better to use RW media (specially when BRD R and RW are of nearly same price)...but then we will be always writing on the sectors at the starting position whereas sectors at the ending position remain largely unused. This will reduce the readability of the starting sectors. Whereas in multisession it can be avoided to some extent.

#6 avada

avada

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

So in short, I don't know when (if ever) it'll be implemented. Sorry.

:(

#7 Lazybones

Lazybones

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:37 AM

It can be useful, but for the most part it just wastes space and makes a disk increasingly less likely to work in some drives.

#8 Noff

Noff

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

If this software could feature multiple sessions and multi-track discs, it could render any and all other disc authoring programs on the planet redundant. It's two features short of being the definitive disc authoring program. Multi session is of more importance to me and so I've posted it here.

#9 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

It's an interesting feature (both read and write) for those "Enhanced" :& Audio CDs. If not multisession, at least mixed-mode should added to deal with those.

#10 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,021 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

I've already got it reading / writing those types of images (from bin/cue), but that's no use for build mode obviously!

In time, I'm sure build mode will be improved to handle adding to a disc too.

#11 ssjkakaroto

ssjkakaroto

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

That's great news LUK :thumbup:
Is Imgburn also going to support cue-sheets where each track is in a different file (EAC creates this kind of cue-sheet)?

#12 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,021 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

Yup, I think so! (well, it appears to anyway ;) )

#13 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

:worthy: Lightning UK! :worthy:

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#14 Guildster

Guildster

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:57 AM

First off, many thanks to LUK for this great app :thumbup:. For Vista users it is about all there is to choose from in the way of free burning software that is worth a toot, and in fact is a better application than most of the retail software. That said, I was very disappointed to find that ImgBurn does not support multi-session data burning. I am a graphics designer and backup my work daily to removable media (cd) as do my associates. Flash drives, thumb drives, re-writables (suck), whatever, are just not practical in this circumstance. Please incorporate multi-session capability into this fine cd/dvd burning application and make it the greatest free burning software available. LUK, you will go down in software authoring history as one of the greatest if you do. I will will check back often for that new and improved version!

Edited by Guildster, 07 June 2007 - 05:32 AM.

#15 teotwawki

teotwawki

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

I've just been comparing 7 different portable burners & ImgBurn was the clear winner. Until I realised there's no multi-session. Actually, it's still the best but I now need to keep one of the others because I often need multi-session.

I'll gladly make a donation of your suggested $2 for it, as is, but I'll make it $20 if you could bump multi-session up your priority list.

I would suggest others with the same need should encourage/reward the author too.

Many thanks.
Phill Rogers

#16 Wandering Freeloader

Wandering Freeloader

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Well I guess this is the choice of LUK and as a freeware it should remain so. Anyway I'm more at encouraging donation regardless of the features added or not. The program is already great and huge work has already been made for so long that it deserves it anyway. :thumbup:

Nevertheless while this is the only burning software I have installed, a multisession writing/building could be a welcomed addition.

#17 dark.tristan

dark.tristan

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

Is there any chance this has somehow changed?

All I need from burning software is ability to burn UDF multisession data discs and there seem to be no real normal software... :(

#18 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,021 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

Nope, post number 4 (above) still applies.

#19 avada

avada

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

Nope, post number 4 (above) still applies.

:(

Edited by avada, 13 September 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#20 Martin H

Martin H

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:26 AM

I would personally really be happy if ImgBurn would allow writing a data image file onto a CD-R which allready has one audio session written onto it(done with another app; EAC), but where the disc is still left open, so as to be able to make perfect copies of audio CDs which includes a second data session with video clips and such i.e. CD-Extra CDs. Right now, ImgBurn says audio isn't supported, and because of that i unfortunetly need to keep having Nero v6.6.0.18 installed just for that single operation type, and i would just so much love to be able to ditch Nero completely :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users