ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Please, make hidden and system files included by default!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack_Brody

Jack_Brody

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

Hello Lightning UK,

I think you should make "Include System Files" and "Include Hidden Files" checked in default setting. Yesterday I installed Imgburn 2.3.2.0 on a new computer, then added about 4 GB of files in build mode (user profiles, lots of hidden files), but the calculator kept sayin - 1,5 GB. Well, weird behavior as Total Commander indicated 4,2 GB. I didn't have enough time to investigate and thought it was some issue with the calculator, so I burnt the project. However, after that I examined freshly burnt disc with TC and found you know what - 1,5 GB of files. :-)
Then I looked more carefully into Imgburn settings and spotted those System and Hidden files options and checked them immediately and burnt the disc again correctly.

I know it was my fault. But if it is not a problem to check these two settings in default, many future users would be grateful. When I want to burn a directory - I want to burn everything, right? No matter if it is hidden or system.

Regards

Jack

#2 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,291 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

That depends on what you're doing, often you might not want hidden + system files.

Everyone has their own way of doing things and it's not hard to locate that settings.

Sorry but it stays as it is.
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

#3 omf

omf

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

Everyone has their own way of doing things and it's not hard to locate that settings.

Dredging up an ancient post here...

How about having a warning (which can be disabled, but is on by default) that lets you know there are hidden files in the folder(s) you've chosen to write to disc, and that these won't be included unless you toggle the appropriate option? You'd never see the warning if you never tried to back up a folder with hidden files.

I almost missed backing up a bunch of important system files, but just happened to notice that the total file count seemed wrong. I caught it, but this is one of those 'nice' warning I'd expect to get from ImgBurn.

Thanks,
omf

Edited by omf, 01 September 2009 - 01:10 PM.

#4 LIGHTNING UK!

LIGHTNING UK!

Author of ImgBurn

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,291 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

The warning is in the log window in 2.5.0.0
Please don't PM me with questions that should be posted in the forum. I won't reply - Especially if you have post count of 0!!!

Replies to posts belong in the forum where everyone can read them. Please don't PM them.

In fact, don't PM me at all unless it's something I've asked to be told about!

Before asking questions, search the forum to see if someone else already has.

Use the FAQ and Guides forums to your advantage. I don't want to have to tell you to read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users