img burn problem

Ali

hi i am new to using img burn i am tring to back up a 360 game and i am using a Matshita dvd-ram uj870QJ its a built in dual layer burner in my laptop and the disk i am usin is a infiniti dvd +r dl 8.5g

error message i get is

failed to set L0 Data Zone Capacity. Reason: Unknown (Internal Target Failure)

i then click continue the other options are try again and cancel if i click try again same error appears so i press cotinue

i then get following 3 errors in the same error box

interperation: check condition

interperation: write (10) - sectors 768-799

interperation: power collaberation area error

i can only click retry and cancel if i press retry same meassage reappears so i have to click cancel

here is the log

I 22:07:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.1.0 started!

I 22:07:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 22:07:56 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,596 KB - Available: 857,488 KB

I 22:07:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:07:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:07:56 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, Ali! :)

Your burner don't like that brand of media. The burner is also a tricky one. I would go for a new external writer if you want to use that brand.

The DL media that the burner might like is Verbatim 2.4x rated Verbatims made in Singapore.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Ali! :)

Your burner don't like that brand of media. The burner is also a tricky one. I would go for a new external writer if you want to use that brand.

The DL media that the burner might like is Verbatim 2.4x rated Verbatims made in Singapore.

hi thanks for the reply so if i get some verbatims should they work with my drive and i am quite disappointed becasue i paid 500 pounds for the laptop not long ago its a sony vioa and i can seem to find any new firmware updates for the drive

If Sony don't have an update on the support page for your laptop model then you're probably out of luck.

Of course you could always try emailing / contacting their support team to actually ask for one. Just mention the problem with it burning 'RICOHJPN-D01-02' media.

If Sony don't have an update on the support page for your laptop model then you're probably out of luck.

Of course you could always try emailing / contacting their support team to actually ask for one. Just mention the problem with it burning 'RICOHJPN-D01-02' media.

ok thanks il try that but what are the chances of the verbatims actually working instead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.