Burning Data DVD DL with ImgBurn, LG 20x and Memorex DL media

InternetExpert

Best Buy told me that they use in store this exact combination no problem, burning hundreds of discs.

But I can't get this to work. Any suggestion (besides using Verbatim). As I said Best Buy's Geek Squad sais that they use this all the time. How come I can't? I need this to work because I have 100+ Memorex discs that I bought and can't use.

-Thanks

Here is the log fro mthe last burn, I can't get even a single disc to burn, what am I doing wrong?

I 00:46:46 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:46:46 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 00:46:46 Total Physical Memory: 1,037,824 KB - Available: 373,004 KB

I 00:46:47 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:46:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:46:47 Found 2 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, InternetExpert! :)

Might be something wrong with that image. You get the same problem if you use another image?

Hi,

Thank you for your message. This is the largest image I have at the moment, but I have tried burning data dvds and it still does not work. I have also tried Neroo 8 and 7.

I will create another image file and try it again, but it's wasteful.

The contents of the image can't make the burn fail.

Your drive simply doesn't like that media at 2.4x, so try burning at the other available speeds and you might get it to work. I would use Verbatim 2.4x (MKM-001-00 dye) DVD+R DL blanks anyway, as you'll get much better quality burns on them.

Best Buy told me that they use in store this exact combination no problem, burning hundreds of discs.

Well i wouldnt go on what a store says without doing my homework to confirm what they say is true.

an W 01:36:21 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write is a drives way of saying " i dont like these discs" period

You ought to get some ( a few) good verbatims as suggested by others and try them, then you will confim in your own mind that the problem was down to the memorex discs with Ritek dye on them.

if you still dont believe what we are saying to you , go and have a read of this as well ( found by searching on your media's ID of Ritek S04 066) http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/memorex-...8/4640#comments

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.