My DVD Player (Sony) will not read the burned DVD

ftrem

Hi,

I hope that you will be able to help.

I have already read some posts that are similar to mine. I can't have my old Sony DVD player read the burned DVD. I got a C13 00 error, quite cryptic.

I used Imgburn (Build) and got no errors whatever. My PC's players (VLC and another IBM DVD player) can read the disk quite well. I burnt at 8x, and I used a VERBATIM DVD-R (16x).

I read that I need a DVD authoring tool like DVDflick, if I remember well.

Now, I already have my AUDIO and VIDEO_TS folders on my PC, and DVDflick doesn't support VOB/BUP/IFO files, etc. So I was wondering how I can just add a title with this program........and build an "authored" DVD.

Initially I thought that the DVD had not been finalized by the burner, perhaps, but I am using a DVD-R, so I guess that there is no need for finalizing...

When Cornholio7 spoke about the need to use a DVD authoring tool, I downloaded DVDflick, but...as I said, it doesn't accept files that are already in DVD format.

I guess I am way a bit too ignorant for this, hence my request for help.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi and welcome to the forum, ftrem! :)

The problem with C13:00 (Disk is dirty) error is usually very easy to be fixed. The error is probably based on the different reflexion of the laser beam, which can be caused either by any kind of the dirt on the bottom layer OR, FREQUENTLY by a sticker or any legend made by a black marker (or any kind of dark and thick) on the UPPER side. I suggest NOT to put anything on the top side.

http://forum.dvdrbase.info/dvd-video-encod...13-00-code.html

A cleaning disc might be worth a try.

So I was wondering how I can just add a title with this program

Not possible to reauthor in this program, just not sure what you mean with 'add a title' - do you want to add a menu?

You have the latest firmware installed for your burner?

Hi and welcome to the forum, ftrem! :)

The problem with C13:00 (Disk is dirty) error is usually very easy to be fixed. The error is probably based on the different reflexion of the laser beam, which can be caused either by any kind of the dirt on the bottom layer OR, FREQUENTLY by a sticker or any legend made by a black marker (or any kind of dark and thick) on the UPPER side. I suggest NOT to put anything on the top side.

http://forum.dvdrbase.info/dvd-video-encod...13-00-code.html

A cleaning disc might be worth a try.

So I was wondering how I can just add a title with this program

Not possible to reauthor in this program, just not sure what you mean with 'add a title' - do you want to add a menu?

You have the latest firmware installed for your burner?

Well Cynthya, thanks for your light-speed answer first. You are the onle person I know who could decypher that fancy error code! As I said, I am really ignorant on this overall. Even the Sony manual....doesn't report it.

As to your questions: latest firmware? Alas, no, it's quite old, I know, and I will also try with a colleague's DVD player (much more up-to-date).

The disk I used was .....very clean....I just opened the case when I used it! There is nothing on the top side, no stickers, I didn't use markers, anything. I could try to clean the disk, but...... and try with another DVD player, just in case...

I guess my player is too old: DVP-S336.....bought it years ago.....firmware upgrades give me the shivers ......

Thanks anyhow.....I can't find any other reasons. For your information, I had tried Nero 5 before, same story, the error my player reported was different: NO DISK!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.