skips, jumps and pauses during playback

mdroke

My disc appeares to burn ok, but I'm experiencing skips, jumps and pauses during playback. The write speed was on max. I lowered it to 10x. when on max ,sometimes a disc would be ok. but on the slower 10x all disc's have skips, jumps and pauses during playback I am using RITEK disc's

DVD-R. In the information panel of ImgBurn it says; Media ID is RITEKG05 I am using a gateway laptop (new)

Please help me I have already ruined over 45 dvd's

My disc appeares to burn ok, but I'm experiencing skips, jumps and pauses during playback. The write speed was on max. I lowered it to 10x. when on max ,sometimes a disc would be ok. but on the slower 10x all disc's have skips, jumps and pauses during playback I am using RITEK disc's

DVD-R. In the information panel of ImgBurn it says; Media ID is RITEKG05 I am using a gateway laptop (new)

Please help me I have already ruined over 45 dvd's

You should try burning at a much lower speed. I personally don't burn above 4x. Also I think I remember reading something about RITEKG05 discs having problems. Stick with Verbatim or TY media.

Like Corn and MJ say lower the speed and get some better media or try to write the Riteks at 4x or 6x so they dont go to waste .I've burned a lot of stuff to Riteks both GO4 4x and GO5 8X and they still play OK but 99% were burned at 4x on a Sony DRU 510 A (when Sony was Sony ) .With the new burners capable of creating graphs and reporting PI and PO values the fastest speeds show problems and the opinion I think is slow down or at least experiment to find the best combinations of Drive ,media and speed and also keep your firmware up to date . The best media is Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim period ,if you invest the time and effort to burn a DVD then the few cents more that they cost is nothing compared to time spent and frustration.Good luck and keep us all informed :thumbup:

I backed up some of the Riteks today at 6x 2 out of 10 worked the rest skipped and froze up.

My burner is a LG GWA-4082A

I'm going to try to burn some at 8x and 4x. And see what happens.

Thank all of you for your help so far any more ideas?

Thank ya'll

Mike

Can you post a full log of your burn, please? FWIW, I burn Ritek GO5s at 12x (their rated highest speed) without any problems.

Yes, I'll post a burn log tomorrow I Ran out of blank disc's tonight.

Thank's

Ah, there's the answer. :D An LG drive. I've had two LG drives and they always had random skips on the PS2 except for higher priced media like Maxell and Verbatim. RITEKG04 when burned on the LG drives skipped on me, too. I could take the skipping disc, burn it to another RITEKG04 in the LG and have skips in a different area.

a quick guide to finding Manufacturers ID for Media

open Img burn select WRITE MODE put a DVD in the BURNER and when the window opens look for DISC ID or MANUFACTURERS ID it will look like this .These are Verbatim DVD+R 16x discs .Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs are the best without a doubt :thumbup:

Physical Format Information (ADIP):

Disc ID: MCC-004-00

Book Type: DVD+R

For updating your firmware

right click on your burner when the menu window opens look at the last line CHECK FOR FIRMWARE UPDATES click on that and then follow the prompts and you'll be able to see what your current firmware is then match it against the newest firmware on the firmware site ,download the newest save it to your comp open it and flash your drive ,there is usually a flash utility included with the download

If they're still RITEKG04, that would explain why the current Maxells bought did the same thing, since the RITEKG04's did the same on me. Back then, Maxell's media ID was MXL something on the discs I tested with.

Anyway, it's one reason why I shelved the two LG discs and added Lucky Good to my :horse: list, gradually getting longer and longer as more and more companies go cheap.

If they're still RITEKG04, that would explain why the current Maxells bought did the same thing, since the RITEKG04's did the same on me. Back then, Maxell's media ID was MXL something on the discs I tested with.

Anyway, it's one reason why I shelved the two LG discs and added Lucky Good to my :horse: list, gradually getting longer and longer as more and more companies go cheap.

It would definitely explain it.

I had problems way back in November or December 2004 with the Maxell discs that I burned in my Sony drives. I had freezing, pixelation, jumping, you know, all of that good stuff. In fact trying to find the answer to the disc problem is what led me to the old Dec site.

Today I took the Gateway back and got an HP I've backed up 3 dvd's so on the ridata and they are fine.

Thank you all for the help you were great .

Oh, does anyone have any dvd label sites I have cdcovers.cc but I had another one you all gave me in another forum.

Thank you all again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.