DVD+R DL power calibration area error

Ferrari

i've been searching for a way to solve this, and i found that the common fix is to get better media. i'm using memorex disks right now, but i want to make sure this is the problem because a different pack of memorex i've bought before worked 3/5 times. around 50% of the burn, i get this error. this has happened on four disks now, :(, i've tried 2x, 4x, and 8x.

I 13:09:16 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 13:09:16 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 13:09:16 Total Physical Memory: 2,620,908 KB - Available: 1,841,144 KB

I 13:09:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:09:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:09:16 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Ferrari

• 4 weeks later...

Yet another reason I love this app. Awesome support!

I am having the exact same problem but I am 99.999% sure its the media I'm trying to use. (memorex 8X DL) I'm going to pick up a different brand Monday, Verbatim more then likely. :thumbup:

Thanks for the awesome support Lightning!

P.S. for the record I'm using a Samsung Writemaster (TSSTcorpCD/DVDW) Just cleaned it and upgraded the firmware to SH-S182D

Edited by Cami

Yet another reason I love this app. Awesome support!

I am having the exact same problem but I am 99.999% sure its the media I'm trying to use. (memorex 8X DL) I'm going to pick up a different brand Monday, Verbatim more then likely. :thumbup:

Thanks for the awesome support Lightning!

P.S. for the record I'm using a Samsung Writemaster (TSSTcorpCD/DVDW) Just cleaned it and upgraded the firmware to SH-S182D

I have tried upgrading to SH-S182D firmware, but don't know how to do it. I have the .bin file but what do I do with it? Clean suggestions much appreciated.

I have tried upgrading to SH-S182D firmware, but don't know how to do it. I have the .bin file but what do I do with it? Clean suggestions much appreciated.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/getdownload_635-...D_SB07.exe.html

double click ex follow instructions, or start ImgBurn and right click the description of your drive and choose check for firmware updates and download that way.. They both run the same. Take out any disc in tray and close tray and do not stop unless told to do so.

Thanks,

It seems that the firmware that I already have is the best one for my drive TSST Corp TS-H652M.

I have been successfully burning using various media. Most recently have had a long run of success with Maxell, and all of a sudden I can't burn anything, just get the Power Calibration Area Error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hardware's driver, but I just can't get ImgBurn to work anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

It seems that the firmware that I already have is the best one for my drive TSST Corp TS-H652M.

I have been successfully burning using various media. Most recently have had a long run of success with Maxell, and all of a sudden I can't burn anything, just get the Power Calibration Area Error message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hardware's driver, but I just can't get ImgBurn to work anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lol

You're so lucky the flasher did not have a no check option in force.

When you said

I have tried upgrading to SH-S182D firmware, but don't know how to do it. I have the .bin file but what do I do with it? Clean suggestions much appreciated

I assumed you owned and were using that drive.. It might have ended so very differently with you breaking your drive.

Which I would have felt a little guilty about though tbh it would have been your responsibility

So next time to save any confusion and embarrassment please post your own log and in your own thread about your particular problem.

Well I misread the earlier post when the sender said that they had just upgraded to the new firmware, but yes I do feel a little silly.

Sadly I still have the intractable problem with the Power Calibration Area Error

Edited by Diccon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.