help with burning

AJA

Gooe evening all:

I have a DVD I am trying to backup. When I display the disk in DVD Decrypter, it shows Regions 1,2,3,etc to 8, RCE protection No, & copy protection system type NONE. However, after burning a copy, and trying to play it in my standalone, I get a "Playback Prohibited by Area Limitations" error.

Could someone please tell me what else could be causing this? The backup plays fine on the computer's DVD.

Thank you

Tony

I used ifoedit to change all references from PAL, to NTSC in all of the .ifo files, and it still won't play. I would not be asking, if I did not exhaust all ideas I know. I am very new to this. Your answer seemed negative torwards my posting. I did not mean to waste anyone's time.

Thank you

Tony

You can't do that.

Converting PAL to NTSC means re-encoding the entire disc.

You should be able to find a guide to do such things via Google if that really is a path you want to take.

To save yourself time in future, probably best you stick to buying NTSC discs in the first place!

Apologies for sounding negative before. Please remember this forum is for ImgBurn. It's not about helping people mess around encoding / stripping down dvds. There are plenty of other forums that do that and do it way better than this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.