New to DL Burning

dudewithasquare

I just picked u my first set of DL disks (verbatim) and have read up and figured pgcedit and imgburn were the programs to use for it. I read all about the layer break stuff and created an ISO with pgcedit from files I ripped with dvddecrypter. I then burned to DL disk successfully using imgburn, but it wont play. My burner, Lite-on, will play it using powerdvd just fine, but my standalone and my internal Pioneer 120S dvd drive won't even recognize the disc. I thought it might be book type since my stand alone is older and a cheap one, but wouldn't my computer dvd drive at least read it? I used that drive to rip the files I am burning in the first place. Is it possible the pioneer doesn't support DVD+DL?? Also, I want to try another burn, this time remebering to change my book type, but when I change it in imgburn, it says successful, but the window on the right still shows DVD+RL in both top and bottom parts, even when I refresh. Why? I even downloaded the lite-on utility to specifically change the bittype, and it says it changes it, but when I query it again, its just back to the DVD+RL spec. Why won't it stay?? Thanks for any help you can provide me with :)

Edited by dudewithasquare

You can't change the booktype of a +R DL disc at that precise second, it'll happen when you burn it.

Yes it is possible your Pioneer doesn't support +R DL. Maybe it will once you've got the booktype bit sorted. Also have a look for any firmware updates, maybe there's a newer one that supports that media without the need to change the booktype.

Thanks for the re-assurance. I risked another precious DL dvd and this time changed the book type to dvd-rom. It works in both standalone and pioneer dvd player, so thats made me happy :). I still think it's weird my pioneer won't read dvd+r DL book type though, and I can't find any firmware for it or info related to this issue anyhow. Oh well I guess. Thanks though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.